Old June 11th 16, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] From my Twitter feed: New AMSAT stuff, using KiCAD, find HF beacons

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

From my Twitter feed: New AMSAT stuff, using KiCAD, find HF beacons

AMSAT @AMSAT

New for Dayton 2016 #amsat hats, shirts, and Getting Started guide (in
color!) now at store.amsat.org/catalog/ pic.twitter.com/23GJaRG7uS

OSH Park @oshpark

It’s Time to Finally Figure Out How to Use #KiCad
hackaday.com/2016/06/04/its… via
/BtCDon3xZi

Randy*@K7AGE

Check out this map. Spin it around to your QTH. Learn about the NCDXF
beacons. bit.ly/1YcSikQ#hamradiopic.twitter.com/R98ZWeepsk

The post From my Twitter feed: New AMSAT stuff, using KiCAD, find HF
beacons appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

ARRL, CAI Find Common Ground on Parity Act Language

News broke this week that the ARRL and the Community Associations Institute
(CAI) have reached an agreement on the wording of*the Amateur Radio Parity
Act, H.R. 1301.*Complete information on the Amateur Radio Parity Act,
including a copy of the complete substitute amendment agreed to by ARRL and
CAI, is available on the ARRL website.

This really is a big win for the ARRL and amateur radio, imho. The new
wording directs the FCC to*enact rules prohibiting the application of deed
restrictions that preclude amateur radio communication on their face or as
applied. Also prohibited would be deed restrictions that do not permit an
amateur radio operator living in a deed-restricted community to install and
maintain an effective outdoor antenna on property under the licensees
exclusive use or control.

While this agreement does not guarantee passage of the bill, it certainly
makes it a lot easier.

It is interesting to contrast the ARRL version of the story with the CAI
version. For example, the ARRL calls the CAI “the national association of
homeowners associations (HOAs),” while the CAI story calls the ARRL “ the
lobbying group for amateur radio operators.” The CAI story also notes, “The
compromise was reached out of necessity as H.R. 1301 was gaining momentum
with 126 co-sponsors in the House of Representatives supporting the
legislation under the guise that the bill is necessary to ensure critical
amateur radio communications during a local disaster.” That certainly
sounds like sour grapes to me.

The post ARRL, CAI Find Common Ground on Parity Act Language appeared first
on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.