Old June 16th 16, 06:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Another piece to the puzzle found

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Another piece to the puzzle found

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

Update on the magnetic loop project:

1) The coax from DX Engineering was delivered last Friday.
2) The variable capacitor from RFI Parts arrived in the mail on Saturday.
3) I bought the PVC pieces for the frame that I have in mind, weeks ago.

I purchased one of these today:

It's a 6:1 ball bearing planetary reduction drive. It was $18.00 plus
shipping from http://www.orenelliottproducts.com. This should make a big
difference tuning the antenna, considering I don't have the lightest touch
in the world.

All that's left to come up with is a enclosure for the capacitor. The
Raritan Valley Radio Club hamfest is this Saturday, maybe I can find
something there. The toughest part of this entire project is probably
going to be to find suitable time, however. This weekend is the hamfest
and Father's Day. Next weekend is Field Day. On the bright side, however,
is that the following weekend is the long Independence Day weekend. I'll
get this puppy built then, if not sooner.

So far, in parts and shipping, I'm still under the $150 mark. That's less
than half the price of most of the commercially available loops. Of
course, theirs are pretty much guaranteed to work, out of the box. Mine
should, but you never know until you're done. If it does work, I have the
satisfaction of knowing that I built it myself - and that I would have no
compunction about modifying it to make it better - or perhaps tearing it
apart to build a second, better generation.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

A puzzle... Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Shortwave 12 December 2nd 16 08:46 PM
Hallicrafters S-40 Puzzle Richard Knoppow Boatanchors 6 January 13th 09 07:48 PM
Steveo Puzzle I Am Not George CB 5 April 11th 04 03:59 AM
BC250D puzzle Xxxxx Scanner 3 September 8th 03 02:09 AM
Load matching puzzle Tom Bruhns Antenna 4 August 24th 03 01:22 AM