Old June 23rd 16, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [N6PSE] Is Alpha Radio Products/RKR toast?

n6pse

Is Alpha Radio Products/RKR toast?

https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2016/06/...uctsrkr-toast/

The Alpha 9500 is the flagship product of Alpha.

If you have been following all of the changes in the HF Linear Amplifier
world, then you know that Alpha Amplifiers has changed hands several times
over the years and that key people in development/design, Engineering,
Support of these products, namely Molly (W0MOM)Â*and Gordon Hardman
(W0RUN)Â*and now Brad Focken (K0HM) have all left the company.

These departures and the changes upon changes has created a lot of undue
stress and uncertainty about the future of this company and their products.
I have always felt that Alpha amplifiers were superior products however my
own experiences owning two Alpha 9500s left a lot to be desired. I have now
sold all of my tube amps and I am enjoying the instant on features of an
Expert 1.3 K-FA solid state amplifier.

It will be interesting to see if Alpha Amplifiers can survive all of these
changes. Upon learning of Brad-K0HMs departure, I am certainly glad that I
no longer own an Alpha amplifier.

What do you think?