Old July 4th 16, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [IW5EDI] Receiving 17.2 kHz SAQ station

IW5EDI Simone - Ham-Radio

Receiving 17.2 kHz SAQ station

http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/2149...hz-saq-station

A short video taken on 3rd July 2016 , of the Grimeton SAQ Station
transmitting on 17.2 kHz

Weve been able to receive this signal from our repeater site at 1500 meters
a.s.l. thanks to the equipment provided by Fernando IW5ABF.

The post Receiving 17.2 kHz SAQ station appeared first on IW5EDI Simone -
Ham-Radio.

Buddipole vs Wire Dipole on 20m

http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/2144...pole-vs-dipole

Buddipole vs Dipole

Today during our Club annualÂ* Filetto Day , a parody event of the famous
ARRL Field Day,Â* Ive been able to compare my Buddipole Antenna, with a home
made 20-40 Wire Dipole antenna.

I want to share here my experience that should be considered just a simple
personal test.

The Wire Dipole won the comparison. Signals were much more stronger
compared to the ones received on the Buddipole tuned on the 20 meters band.
QRM sounded higher on Buddipole.

The comparison has been conducted, in a mountain top, at 1500 meters
a.s.l.,Â* by switching the antenna to a Yaesu FT-857D, while listining to
stations calling and listening to several QSOs on 20 meters band only.

The Buddipole used is a commercia multiband antenna, self supporting thanks
to the original tripod, and has a small dimensions.

The Wire dipole is easy to home made, is not multiband as the buddipole and
requires a larger area to be setup. I used a fiberglass fish pole as
supporting mast.

The post Buddipole vs Wire Dipole on 20m appeared first on IW5EDI Simone -
Ham-Radio.