Old July 9th 16, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KE9V] Chicken Soup

Perturbation

Chicken Soup

https://ke9v.net/2016/07/08/chicken-soup/

I havent been on HF for a few months. All but the dipole antenna has been
taken down and all the HF gear, except for a lone Eagle, have been sold
off. Solar minimum and my renewed interest in satellites have conspired to
make me ignore the high frequencies for a season.

But while digesting the news this morning Baton Rouge, Minnesota, Dallas
I felt the need to escape from the steady stream of insanity that now
regularly attends life in these United States and drink from a different,
but familiar well.

Somedays the best social media experience is 20 meter CW with the cans
pulled tight on your head. This is one of those days. #hamradio

— Jeff Davis (@ke9v) July 8, 2016

As imagined, the bands are dead. The only CW signal I can find on 20 this
morning is an automated one, being transmitted from W1AW. But given the
circumstances, I closed my eyes and copied the mail for over an hour.

I guess its still my chicken soup for the soul.