Old August 24th 16, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Hey, Buddy! Looking for some QSL art?

W2LJ QRP .... Do More With Less

Hey, Buddy! Looking for some QSL art?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

Tired of the same old images? Want something unique and personal for your
very own QSL card? Something that says "you", and reflects your
personality and interests? Are you sponsoring an event and want a well
designed and memorable logo?

Have I got the man for you!

That man would be Jeff Murray K1NSS - the man, and Ham behind Dashtoons.

A few years back, I wanted a new QSL card. I've done some self-designed
ones before and they always came out well (if I do say so, myself!)........
but at the same time, they came up short of professional looking. From
Facebook, I saw that Jeff also designed QSL cards. I sent him an e-mail.
We corresponded back and forth a few times, and Jeff latched onto my
association with the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt and after a few iterations and
alterations, came up with this:

About a year later, I decided that I wanted the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt to have
its own special and unique logo. So back to Jeff I went and his talent and
skills came up with this:

So this year, yet another challenge presented itself. The South Plainfield
Amateur Radio Club needed a QSL card. What's that old saying about "Going
back to the well once too often?" This time "the Well" did not disappoint!
Jeff came up with this superb image, which will be presented to the Club
this Wednesday evening for consideration as adoption as our QSL card.

The club members wanted something on the card that is unique to South
Plainfield. One of our claims to fame is Hadley Field, which served as the
Eastern Terminus for the fledgling USPS Air Mail system back in the 1920s.
Night time flights leaving Hadley Airport got US Mail to Chicago in under
eight hours. Hadley Field remained the terminus until Newark Airport
enlarged to become the largest air field in New Jersey. Jeff took our idea,
ran with it and came up with pure gold again!

So if you're looking for an image that's unique and well designed, send
Jeff an e-mail at . Jeff is very easy to work with and
will keep at it with you until both you and he are totally satisfied.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

The Skeeter Hunt is over for 2016 ..... now what?

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

I've been getting several e-mails - "How do you want my log?"

Short answer?

I don't! Please ..... no adif, cabrillo, csv files.

What I do want is your log summary. It' s real easy to send and I'll
include the following example (we'll use mine):

Larry - W2LJ -TR23 - (Name, Call, Location)
Skeeter #13 - All CW - (Skeeter # and the mode you worked, CW/SSB/Mixed)
Single Op - (Single Op, Multi Op, Multi-multi Op)
Skeeter QSOs - 39 - (# of Skeeter QSOs)
Non-Skeeter QRP QSOs - 1 (# of Non-Skeeter, but QRP QSOs)
Non-Skeeter QRO QSOs - 1 (# of Non-Skeeter QRPO QSOS - NPOTA activators may
have had a lot of these)
S/P/Cs or NPOTA Designators - 25 (# of states, provinces, countries, NPOTA
entities that you worked)
Station Class Multiplier X4 (See da rules fror the categories) NPOTA Bonus
- 100 points (If you activated an NPOTA you get an extra 100 points! See, I
told ya to!)

If you do the math correctly (gotta love spreadsheets and formulas!),
you'll see my total was 12,100 points.

Log summaries are due by the end of the Sunday before Labor Day. Please
remember to include your Soapbox comments and photos if you have 'em. I
know that a lot of us in the QRP Community "know" each other; but one of
the best things about these Outdoor QRP Sprints is to see how you operated
and where you operated from. Please feel free to share, they will appear on
the Skeeter Hunt Soapbox page.

As I receive log summaries, I will acknowledge them with a return e-mail. I
will also update the 2016 Skeeter Hunt roaster with "Log Summary Received"
in the comments column. If you don't get a "Thank You' e-mail from me - or
see an update on the roster, you need to re-send your log summary!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=880964485

I will do my best to post the scores on Labor Day and follow up with
Soapbox comments and photos a week or so, later.

And once again, thanks to all of you who make this possible and thanks to
the New Jersey QRP Club for their sponsorship!

So to answer the original question a little more - Now what?

There are still two Summer QRP Outdoor events coming! QRP Afield and the
NoGA Peanut Power Sprint - two good ones for sure! Be sure not to miss
them - Winter will be here before you know it.