Old August 24th 16, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [N6PSE] Keeping balance in our lives

n6pse

Keeping balance in our lives

https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2016/08/...-in-our-lives/

Keeping balance in our lives….

This Blog topic is a little different than most of my Blogs about amateur
radio, a hobby that I have enjoyed for over 30 years.

I am often approached by avid DXers and Contesters when I attend amateur
radio conventions and gatherings. I always welcome and enjoy the friendly
banter and discussions with the many amateurs throughout the world.

Often times, amateurs like to tell me their DXCC standings, or that they
have reached 3,000 in the DXCC Challenge or are in the upper strata of the
CQ Marathon. These are all impressive feats and worthy accomplishments for
those who enjoy this great hobby.

My life was recently touched by significant family upheaval. My family
situation was out of balance and now we are living with significant pain
and uncertainty. I thought our lives were balanced but perhaps they were
not.

I would just ask those of you who spend considerable time in your shack and
away from your family to take time to cherish what you have and enjoy those
around you. I’m realizing that maintaining balance in life is more
important than that next DXpedition, or the next point or new DXCC entity.

I’ve sincerely enjoyed doing my Blog these past few years. I am going to
take a hiatus of unknown duration so that I can find balance and take care
of those who love me and need me the most.

I hope to return but if I don’t I am sure you will understand.

Sincerely,

Paul N6PSE