Old September 14th 16, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [K0NR] Slacker SOTA Activation in the Tetons (W7Y/TT-061)

Post : Slacker SOTA Activation in the Tetons (W7Y/TT-061)
Author : Bob K0NR
Categories : Ham Radio, Mountains, SOTA, VHF

The Grand Teton National Park has plenty of mountains for Summits On The Air
(SOTA) activations, so I wanted to activate a few of them as we enjoyed the
park. I am still recovering from a fractured ankle, so I was definitely
looking for an easy-peasy summit to activate on our trip. It turns out there
is a summit right at the top of the Jackson Hole Arial Tram (
http://www.jacksonhole.com/summer-tram.html ) that operates during the summer
months (W7Y/TT-061 ( http://www.sota.org.uk/Summit/W7Y/TT-061 ) ). (This tram
serves the ski area during the winter.)

The SOTA database shows this summit as unnamed and refers to it by elevation,
10450. The locals may refer to this as Rendezvous Mountain, not to be
confused with Rendezvous Peak (W7Y/TT-035). For SOTA purposes its just
"10450".

[...]