Old September 16th 16, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default A call to Action...Immediate response is requried

From our Divisional Manger.

Dear Midwest Division Section Managers,

As you no doubt know, the US House of Representatives recently passed
HR-1301. The bill now goes to the Senate and there is reason to
believe that the Senate will take up the bill SOON.

Our lobbying efforts by ARRL members as of this morning have generated
30,000 emails to all 100 senators.

We are now asking that each Section Manager separately email their
section members asking that they again respond with emails of support.
Specifically, would each of you please send an email to your section
members asking them to use the following link to email their senators:

https://arrl.rallycongress.net/ctas/...dio-parity-act

Timing of your request to section members should be sent this Sunday or
Monday (Sept. 18-19).

Thank-you and best 73's,
Rod Blocksome, K0DAS

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Mr Matthew N Anderson, KA0BOJ

Old September 16th 16, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On 9/16/2016 1:12 PM, ARRL Members Only Web site wrote:
We are now asking that each Section Manager separately email their
section members asking that they again respond with emails of support.
Specifically, would each of you please send an email to your section
members asking them to use the following link to email their senators:

https://arrl.rallycongress.net/ctas/...dio-parity-act

It's a busy world, and those of us in the technology sector know more
than most how precious time has become. Clicking a link to send a
message to our Senators is a great time-saver, but ...

Please don't.

My grandfather was a politician in Massachusetts for his entire career,
and he told me repeatedly that the ONLY kind of letters he ever paid
attention to were HANDWRITTEN.

Senators get hundreds of prepared messages each day, most of them
generated by the same sort of computer code that the URL above will
trigger. If that's all the time you can spare, by all means use it, but
PLEASE pick up a pen and do it the old-fashioned way instead.

I know it's a pain. I know it's inconvenient. I know it's a bit of a
throwback to grammar school and takes minutes out of your precious
personal time. *SO* *DO* *THEY*. Your Senators will be a lot more
impressed by a handwritten letter, not just simply because it's
impossible for it to have come from anyone else but YOU, but because you
are willing to spend the time to put pen to paper.

Here is a URL that will help a lot mo it will give you your Senator's
mailing address in a matter of seconds.

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

The rest is up to you.

73,

Bill, W4EWH

--
Bill Horne
(Remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)

Old September 17th 16, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

In article , Bill Horne wrote:

My grandfather was a politician in Massachusetts for his entire career,
and he told me repeatedly that the ONLY kind of letters he ever paid
attention to were HANDWRITTEN.

Senators get hundreds of prepared messages each day, most of them
generated by the same sort of computer code that the URL above will
trigger. If that's all the time you can spare, by all means use it, but
PLEASE pick up a pen and do it the old-fashioned way instead.

Haven't members of Congress discouraged written letters ever since
people started sending letters tainted with ricin or anthrax? At the
very least, I think the screening process delays written letters.

I went to the websites of my two senators and sent messages about the
Amateur Radio Parity Act in my own words via their online reponse systems.

Patty