Old September 29th 16, 06:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [W2LJ] Sunday morning is open

W2LJ QRP .... Do More With Less

Sunday morning is open

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

Sunday morning is currently open. As we get to the weekend, if the weather
turns out to be decent (and no surprises come in out of left field), I am
thinking of taking a trip to Washington's Crossing State Park in
Tiutsville, NJ to activate NPOTA WR03, the Delaware National Scenic River.
As you can imagine, the park is right on the (scenic) Delaware.

I've never been there, myself, but my family has a very small connection to
the park. Back in the early 1970's my Mom, who was an avid needle-point'er
and cross-stitch'er, did a custom needle-point rendition of Emanuel
Leutze's famous painting. By custom, I mean that this needle point project
was not available at any retail store. My Mom had a blank needle point
canvas given to an artist in Philadelphia, who actually "re-painted"
Leutze's image upon it, so that my Mom could perform her stitchery.
My Mom was an avid fan of all things Colonial and tied to the Revolutionary
War Period. This is definitely where my affinity for that time in history
came from.

The finished, framed piece was displayed at Washington's Crossing State
Park during our Bicentennial year - 1976. After that, it hung in our
living room up until my Dad passed away and my Mom moved. For 9 years, it
hung in my Mom's apartment. When she passed away, the piece was bequeathed
to my sister and it now hangs proudly in her house.

So it occurred to me that a trip to Washington's Crossing State Park for
NPOTA year seems like the right thing to do. I get to have another
activation under my belt, and in a way, honor my Mom's memory in the
process.
72 de Larry W2LJQRP - When you care to send the very least!

[W2LJ] Easter Sunday - 2016 W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 March 28th 16 05:29 AM
Sunday Morning Gareth Antenna 1 February 14th 16 11:17 AM
Sunday morning gareth Antenna 2 December 6th 15 02:58 PM
OT Sunday morning humor Steveo CB 1 December 13th 04 12:20 AM
Open reply to the boys on 3.865 Morning crew.... NIW General 7 January 31st 04 02:04 PM