Old October 4th 16, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KB6NU] From my Twitter feed: Humanitarian Award, Improved AM detector, basic circuits for kids

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

From my Twitter feed: Humanitarian Award, Improved AM detector, basic
circuits for kids

ARRL @arrl

ARRL Invites Nominations for 2016 International Humanitarian Award:
Nominations are open for the 2016 ARRL In bit.ly/2dpQIep

EDN.com @EDNcom

This #DesignIdea describes a simple way to overcome traditional diode RF
detector limitations: ubm.io/2dtEsad#circuit#AMdetector

DIY Girls @DIYGirls

Download our free lesson plan that introduces kids to basic circuits
buff.ly/2d9GZGF#edchat

The post From my Twitter feed: Humanitarian Award, Improved AM detector,
basic circuits for kids appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

Man, this video stuff is hard work

Last January, just before teaching my first one-day Tech class at the
University of Michigan, I noticed that there was a sign on the wall that
said that lectures in the room could be video recorded. I mentioned that
toÂ*Jameson, KD8PIJ, one of my hosts that morning, and he said, Let me go
check on that. To make a long story short,Â*he figured out how to record the
class, and now, I have 35 GBytes of video in two .mov files on my hard
drive.

I finally got around to editing it today. Not being very experienced at
this, it took me nearly five hours to produce about 20 minutes of video. Of
course, in that time, I had to figure out how to use QuickTime (to clip
the .mov files and record the opening and closing credits) and iMovieÂ*to
piece it all together and produce the YouTube videos. The three videos
cover basic electrical principles, Ohms Law, and power:

After working on this for most of the day, Im sick of hearing myself talk.
And, I only have about five hours and 40 minutes of video left to produce.

The post Man, this video stuff is hard work appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.