Old October 6th 16, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default [KE9V] W9I Special Event Station

Perturbation

W9I Special Event Station

https://ke9v.net/2016/10/05/w9i-special-event-station/

The Tri-State Amateur Radio Society will be activating special event
station W9I in celebration of the Indiana Bicentennial during the 2016 West
Side Nut Club Fall Festival in Evansville, Indiana. The schedule of
operating hours (EDT) are below:

Wednesday October 5th, 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM

Thursday October 6th, 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM

Friday October 7th, 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM

Saturday October 8th, 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM

Ham Radio at Work

https://ke9v.net/2016/10/05/ham-radio-at-work/

Yesterday I was in a business meeting with four other people all from
different companies. The five of us were sitting in a conference room
discussing the needs of a project when it was revealed that three of us,
were licensed amateur radio operators.

That might be a little less surprising given that we all work in
engineering but I still thought it an impressive assembly and odd
coincidence.

Thirty years ago my resume included a section for memberships. Among IEEE
and ISA I had included ARRL thinking it hardly relevant but at 27, my
resume needed a little fattening.

After I was hired for a job, my new boss told me that his decision had come
down to me and one other fellow and that, although we were equally
talented, he noticed that I was a radio amateur and thats why I got the job.

Then he said, welcome aboard, Im K4KXL

Special event station F4ASK Dx 10 September 4th 04 12:16 AM
Special event station F4ASK Dx 0 September 3rd 04 04:55 PM
Special event station F4ASK Dx 0 September 3rd 04 04:55 PM
Special event station F4ASK Dx 0 September 3rd 04 11:38 AM