Old October 14th 16, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [VA3QV] Its the weekend

VA3QV's Weblog

Its the weekend

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/its-the-weekend/

TGIF. (actually as Im retired every day seems like Friday or the weekend)
but to you wage slaves out there Â*enjoy your time off

As usual Â*I will shut down the shack later today to return on the Monday
morning. Â*If you see my callsign flash across your Digital Mode Screen
after about 0000 utc (Saturday am). it aint going to be me.

But there is lots to do over the weekend.

First and foremost dont forget the Scouts and their JOTA event. Â*look at
yesterdays Blog Post for the details.

Also dont forget the following events:

October 15th Â*1400hrs utc to Â*October 15th at 2300utc Â*

All Iowa QSO Party CW Ph Dig RS(T), county or SPC

www.wa0dx.org/IAQSO

October 15th Â*1400hrs utc to October 16 at 0200hrs utc

All New York QSO Party CW Ph Dig RS(T), county or SPC

www.nyqp.org

October 15th Â*1800hrs utc to October 16 at 1800 utcÂ*

South Dakota QSO Party CW Ph Dig RS(T), county or SPC

www.kb0wsw.com/SDQP

Please check the websites listed above for the most up to date information
before starting the contests Just in case I made a typo when I wrote this

For those of you looking to fill in some holes in you Triple Play award or
your WAS awards this could be an excellent weekend Â*Lets hope the
Propagation Deity co operates with you.

Just to share a moment with you.

ThursdayÂ*evening I see FR5CB (Reunion Island) calling CQ on 40m JT65
aroundÂ* 0230 utc.Â* (yes its usually past my bedtime) and so I tried no luck
I cranked up the power up to the full 5w ( to hell with my finals this
would beÂ*a new one for me) and still no luck.Â* I crank the power down back
to 2w and continue calling him with no luck.

I check PSK reporter and see that I got spotted by FR5DN (on the other side
of Reunion Island) with no problems Â*check the bottom right of the above
picture (just to the right of Madagascar) .Â* I call one guy and his
neighbor hears me but he does not.Â* Oh well maybe next time. Â*Its not
always easy to be QRP

So enjoy your weekend. make lots of contacts and most importantly have fun
in whatever you do

73bob