Old December 8th 16, 04:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [N0UN] Bouvet DXpedition 2017 or 2018?

N0UN.net | My Ham Radio DX Blog

Bouvet DXpedition 2017 or 2018?

http://www.n0un.net/bouvet-dxpedition-2017-or-2018/

Reading some of the comments on eHam.net, DX-World.net and other Internet
sites about the upcoming DXpeditions to Bouvet struck me as odd today.Â* It
didnt strike me odd that any group(s) will activate Bouvet, nor did it
strike me odd that there could/will be two separate DXpeditions over two
years no, what struck me as odd were some of the comments and posts by
readers.
On eHam.net this morning there was thread about Bouvet 2017 that was
deleted just hours after it was originally posted.Â* Then again later today
there was another post on Bouvet 2017.Â* I suspect this new post could very
well be deleted soon too.Â* Why?Â* The originator of the Bouvet 2017 post was
a team member on the T31W DXpedition to Central Kiribati that cancelled
after the Rebel DX Group made 30,000 QSOs as T31T with no up front funding
from the Ham community.Â* Zero.Â* T31W was trolling for $100,000.00 plus in
funding while T31T asked for nothing.Â* In KE4KYs eHam.net post (below,
click to enlarge), he was obviously mocking any group that was thinking (or
doing) Bouvet before the Bouvet 2018 DXpedition set sail.

Do I even need to say what Im thinking here?Â* Gilligans Island, really?
Lets start with if somebody, anybody can pull off DXpeditions at a low
cost, why wouldnt any Ham be excited for that?Â* These $150,000.00,
$500,000.00, $700,000.00, etc. DXpeditions are getting more and more
expensive.Â* And in a world where this hobby has some of the most frugal
people that ever lived, why would anybody be upset if somebody (or any
group) can pull off a DXpedition at low cost?
Ive been told, thats not the way its done.Â* Theyre bucking the system.Â*
Theyre ****ing people off.Â* Theyll never do it, etc.
Well, if you didnt learn a lesson on how and why Donald Trump did what he
just did to The Establishment, or maybe you missed Brexit perhaps you need
to get off your 2 Meter radio and make quick study because it appears you
may need it.Â* Thats the way its always been done is exactly why there are
young mavericks and rebels ready, willing and able to fill those old
DXpeditioneers boots for a tenth of the price.
N0UN Ham since 1973

N0UNs Blog Returns!

http://www.n0un.net/one-stop-shop-for-dx/

The N0UN.net DX Blog has returned, thanks for stopping by!Â* Built by a
DXer, for DXers.Â* A one stop shop for all your latest ARRL and DX news
(from multiple sources), solar info, QRZ lookups, QTH classifieds, DX
Cluster spots, vendor information and more.Â* I was getting tired of
searching the Internet in 20 different places for 20 different sources of
information so I brought the Blog back.Â* Enjoy!

P5/3Z9DX DPRK QSL Card

http://www.n0un.net/p5-3z9dx-dprk-qsl-card/

I received my North Korea P5/3Z9DX QSL card in the mail today.Â* I think
only twenty some stations from all of North America got through and worked
Dom.Â* In 43 years of QSL card collecting, this just may be my rarest QSL
card to date (click to enlarge).

Now we wait for ARRL DXCC Desk acceptance.