Old December 24th 16, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KB6NU] A peek inside a light switch

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

A peek inside a light switch

I know this isnt really amateur radio, but I thought some of you might be
interested in this. After eating breakfast Monday morning, I flipped the
light switch in the dining room, but the light didnt go off. I thought how
the heck could the light switch have busted. Ive never had a light switch
fail.

I went downstairs, and turned off the circuit breaker to the light, and
then, at lunch time, I drove over to my favorite hardware store—Stadium
Hardware, 2177 W. Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor. I purchased a replacement,
drove home, and ten minutes later, I was back in business.

Last night, I got curious about what could have gone wrong. I drilled out
the rivets holding the swithÂ*together, and when I separated the top from
the bottom, the problem was obvious (see below). One leg of the plastic
rocker arm broke off, and there was nothing to keep the two contacts apart.
(Note that this is actually a two-way switch that I was using as a one-way
switch. If the other arm had broken off instead, the switch would probably
have continued working.)

The post A peek inside a light switch appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio
Blog.

[KB6NU] A peek inside a light switch KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Homebrew 0 December 24th 16 05:47 PM
Have a peek at NIMbusters ham board at all the USENET KOOKS !! 807breath[_2_] Shortwave 1 August 26th 08 02:20 AM
Stop by... take a peek A.E. 352 CB 2 November 13th 06 10:24 PM
Post your wares...take a peek A.E. [email protected] CB 9 October 3rd 03 03:40 PM
DRM, and a peek at the capabilities of SW Relay Stations... (via MERLIN) http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 August 29th 03 05:17 AM