Old December 30th 16, 05:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,oma.general,nebr.misc,rec.radio.info

Default Important...Ham classes for Northeast Nebraska

Got Your Technician License? Want to Upgrade? It's time for the General
Upgrade Class! The Dakota County Amateur Radio Club will hold a General
Class on four Saturdays in January--the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th, 2017.
Class will run from 8AM to 1PM each week at the South Sioux City Law
Enforcement Center--701 W. 29th St.. An Open Testing will be held on
January 28th from 11AM to 1PM.

ARRL Registered Midwest Region Instructor J.R. Reider, K0JWR will be
assisted by several instructors from both Iowa and Nebraska with years
of experience in teaching amateur radio classes.

The mandatory course book is the ARRL General Class License Manual, 8th
Edition.
http://www.arrl.org/.../ARRL-General...-Manual-Sp.../
ARRL :: Licensing, Education & Training :: ARRL General ..
..
www.arrl.org

All You Need To Pass Your General Class Exam! Pass the 35-question
General Class test. All the Exam Questions with Answer Key, for use
through June 30, 2019.

If you wish to save some money on the book I will place an order for
the bound version of the book at a cost of $25.00 each--or the spiral
bound version (easier to use) at a cost of $28.00 each, these are
discounted prices from ARRL normal rates of $29.95 and $32.95
respectively

.. You can also order it direct from ARRL, if you wish. But you WILL
need the book--and do some advance studying for the first day of
class!

Ready to take the plunge? We already have about 8-10 students ready to
go, but we can take more. But NOW is the time to register. Registration
will close on Friday, December 30th. You can email me at
with your name, callsign, address and phone; you can also call me at
712-281-0867 and leave a message if I'm not able to answer.

There is no other cost for the class--although we will ask for a couple
of students each week to bring some donuts or other classroom training
enhancement treats each week.

contact Jim Reider

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Mr Matthew N Anderson, KA0BOJ