Old January 20th 17, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Delinquent in posting

W2LJ QRP .... Do More With Less

Delinquent in posting

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=emai l

I began 2017 with a pledge to post more often, and there's one resolution
already shot to Hades! But I do have a reason for my lack of blogging
activity. I've been battling a crummy case of sinusitis the past two weeks.
I'll spare you the gory details, but it's been accompanied by a bad,
hacking cough, As a result, I've been staying out of the chilly basement
shack. Staying out of the shack limits me severely as to what I can talk
about.

I did get these through the mail, though - so I'll post two images:

and

I could be picky and say I actually participated in 10 activations, as one
of those was under the NJ2SP call sign of the South Plainfield Amateur
Radio Club - but only 9 under my own call.

A few folks have been bothered by the price of the certificates, However,
if you consider the IT, publicity and staff man hour costs that it took to
make NPOTA such a success, it's really not that much. The amount of
enjoyment I received throughout the year from NPOTA makes the cost of these
two pieces of paper a mere pittance in comparison. Also, you have to
consider that this is probably a "once in a lifetime" event. I highly
doubt that I'll make it to the National Park Service bicentennial.

I did receive something very recently from Rich G3CWI at SOTA Beams that
I'm very excited about, I hope to play with it this coming weekend and I'll
be posting about it real soon, so stay tuned!. This stupid sinusitis is
definitely a drag.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!