Old January 25th 17, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [K0NR] 2017 Mt Herman Winter Activation

Post : 2017 Mt Herman Winter Activation
Author : Bob K0NR

On Saturday, we returned to the Most Radio Active Mountain in Colorado (
http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/2016/0...tive-mountain/ ) , Mount
Herman (W0C/FR-063 ( http://www.sota.org.uk/Summit/W0C/FR-063 ) ), for a
combination VHF contest, SOTA activation and winter hike. Our radio crew
consisted of Steve/WGØAT, Caleb/W4XEN, Joyce/KØJJW and me. I've worked
Steve forty times on various summits and often when he was activating Mount
Herman, but this is the first time we did an activation together. What a
treat be on the same summit as the Goathiker! Not only that, Peanut goat came
along to supervise the entire operation.

[...]