Old January 25th 17, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KB6NU] From my Twitter feed: L-network tuner, regen updated,

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

From my Twitter feed: L-network tuner, regen updated,

KB9BVN ‏@KB9BVN

My favorite Youtube for the last couple weeksKevin does a great job
explaining this L network tuner.

*

hackaday@hackaday

Recapture Radio’s Roots with an Updated Regenerative Receiver
wp.me/pk3lN-10mw

Eric Guth @QSOToday

The Hammarland HQ100 was Dans, KB6NUs, first low band receiver.
bit.ly/1Lsn7eT

My first receiver was an HQ 101, not an HQ 100 like in the photo above. The
HQ 101 was the ham-band only version of the HQ 100Dan

The post From my Twitter feed: L-network tuner, regen updated, appeared
first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

37 new hams passed the test on Saturday

On Saturday, despite suffering from a pretty bad cold, I held the latest
one-day Tech class. This class was held in Room 1200 of the EECS Building
on the University of Michigans North Campus, the second time I had the
pleasure of teaching there. The classroom was one of the auditorium-style
classrooms, which makes it a lot easier to keep everyone engaged.

Below, youll find a crummy photo I took of the class as they came back from
the lunch break. I apologize for the poor quality of the photo. The
students were certainly top notch.

There were 40 students in this class. This was kind of disappointing, as I
had 60 sign up for the class. One-third of them failed to show! My wife
attributes this to the spring-like*weather (50-degree temps and sunny) we
had that day.

What wasnt disappointing was the result. 37 of the 40 students passed the
test, and one of the students that failed promises me that hell continue to
study and get his license.

As always, thanks to all the VEs that showed up. There were at least eight
of them. Six, working in teams of three did the test checking, while the
other two kept everyone in line. Im lucky to have such a great VE team here
in Ann Arbor. I certainly couldnt do this without them.

Finally, here are some comments from the students who e-mailed me after the
class:

Just a quick note to thank you for the Tech Class yesterday – much
appreciated since I know you had a cold and was not feeling particularly
well.* Very useful as it helped me cleared up a few questions I had from
studying for the class and in fact helped me with a couple of questions for
the test.

I would like to thank you for a very informative and entertaining class
today.* The lengths youve gone to help others is extremely admirable, I now
realize that promoting international goodwill is something radio operators
truly take to heart and something I will sincerely uphold as well.* Your
study guide and class allowed me to pass the Technician test with ease and
more importantly acted as a catalyst into a new hobby for me. Hopefully we
can make contact on the air soon.

I really enjoyed the*class, and it really helped me understand the hobby. I
took over 11 pages of notes! *Again, your class helped me a lot and I am
looking forward to passing on the hobby.

The post 37 new hams passed the test on Saturday appeared first on KB6NUs
Ham Radio Blog.