Old June 4th 18, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [N6PSE] Are you ready for KH1/KH7Z?

N6PSE's Blog

Are you ready for KH1/KH7Z?

https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2018/06/...-for-kh1-kh7z/

I am very excited as the next major DXpedition starts later this month from
Baker Island as KH1/KH7Z. Baker is the 5th most wanted DXCC entity as it
has not been activated since 2002.

They have assembled a world-class team of operators and this should be a
really good show! I have been following their preparations. Their Elecraft
gear ought to perform very well for them.

Co-Leader, Kevin-K6TD with some of the gear ready to be shipped to Fiji.Â*

I really hope that propagation cooperates with this activation as their
operation falls in late June/early July. I will be looking for them on all
bands and modes but particularly on 160 meters which can be really
challenging at this time of the year.

Elecraft gear, configured, tested and ready to be packed.Â*

Co-Leader, Tom-N4XP sets up each of the four tents to ensure they are
ready.Â*

This is a very important activation as the US Fish & Wildlife Service will
probably not allow another activation for many years to come.

You can learn more about the KH1/KH7Z DXpedition from their website at:

http://baker2018.net/index.html

Lets hope for smooth flights, calm seas and decent propagation as KH1/KH7Z
is about to get underway very soon!

What do you think?