Old July 24th 18, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KB6NU] Is your repeater ID boring? Try something like this.

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Is your repeater ID boring? Try something like this.

Stuart, W8SRC, who is the guy behind the W8SRC Repeater guide here on
KB6NU.Com, emailed me a couple of weeks ago:

In the interest of helping out his ham radio club at his college in New
Mexico (the Tech Amateur Radio Association, club call KC5ORO), I asked my
friend Skyler Fennell, KD0WHB (the 2016 Bill Pasternak Young Ham of the
Year) if I could voice some repeater IDs for TARA. Â*He said that he has
been looking for new IDs and other messages to freshen up the sound of the
repeater, and he gave me the go-ahead to do so. Â*After looking up some info
about the club, and watching his well-put-together video on the complete
construction of his club’s repeater, I came up with quite a number of IDs
to voice.

Once I voiced them, I sent them to my good friend Chad Beach, W9GGA, who is
also the production guy for my radio station, to add some production
effects to my voice and in the background of the IDs. Â*When they were done,
I sent them back to Skyler and he really seemed to like them; he is going
to put them on the TARA repeater when he gets back to New Mexico next
month. Â*If UMARC decides to upgrade their 25-plus-year-old repeater
controller at some point, I’d love to do something like this for our club!

Attached is a compilation of all the produced IDs that I sent Skyler. Â*I’m
hoping that you’d be able to put that on your blog if you’d like.
document.createElement('audio');
https://www.kb6nu.com/wp-content/upl...ID-Montage.wav

Here is Skylers video on the repeater’s complete construction:

If your repeater ID is getting a little stale, perhaps this will give you
some ideas on how to freshen it up a bit, and if you want, Stuart is ready
to help. He notes, Â*I’d love to help “image” more repeaters across the
country and around the world!

The post Is your repeater ID boring? Try something like this. appeared
first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

This posting includes a media file:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/kb6nu...m_medium=email