Old November 6th 18, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] How do you use your transceivers second receiver?

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

How do you use your transceivers second receiver?

I met a couple of ham friends for lunch today, and afterwards, we headed
over to one guys house to take a look at his new ICOM IC-7610 (below).
ICOM IC-7610

Of course, I immediately started comparing it to my IC-7300. Perhaps the
biggest difference is that it has two independent receivers, whereas the
IC-7300 has only one. Mention of this prompted one of the guys to say, Do
you really need a second receiver? Is it really worth the extra expense?

Having used an IC-756PROIII for a while, I immediately thought of being
able to simultaneously monitor the frequency of a DX station and the pileup
simultaneously. Another use that came to mind was monitoring propagation on
10 m or 6 m, while simultaneously operating 40 m or 20 m. A third thing
that we came up with was monitoring WWV or listening to a broadcast station
while operating.

If you have a transceiver with two receivers, Id like you to pipe in he

How do you use the second receiver in your rig?
How often do you use it?
Do you feel it was worth the extra cost?

The post How do you use your transceivers second receiver? appeared first
on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.