Old November 11th 19, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [K0NR] Publishing a Book: Print and eBook

Post : Publishing a Book: Print and eBook
Author : Bob K0NR

http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/wp-con...-thumbnail.png
Over time, I have written and revised several electrical engineering books
(see electronic-measurement.com ( http://www.electronic-measurement.com ) ).
These books were written in the dead-trees print model, focused on creating a
book that you can hold in your hand. I recently published VHF, Summits and
More in both print and ebook editions. This was a learning process for me and
I've come to understand a bit more about the differences between these
formats.

Print
I definitely have a soft spot in my heard for a good-quality printed book. It
is just plain satisfying to hold a printed book in your hand and flip through
the pages. Moving quickly between pages and chapters is easy; very tactile
with immediate feedback. I often look at our bookshelf at home filled with
various engineering, ham radio, hiking and travel books. It just feels good
knowing I can reach out to any one of them and access useful information.

[...]