Old February 22nd 20, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] Impressive!

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Impressive!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=e mail

My good friend, Bob W3BBO picked up one of these this past week - the Xiegu
G90.

Bob is the guy who really got me into QRP as a full time Amateur Radio
pursuit - not sure whether he knows that, or not. I've said before that I
was always a QRP dabbler since my Novice days, but then one day, back in
the annals of history, he brought his brandie-new Elecraft K2 to one of our
Piscataway Amateur Radio Club Field Day efforts. A few minutes behind the
dial and buttons and I was a hooked QRP'er for life.

Bob still has that K2. Mine was sold off a long time ago in order to afford
my KX3. I love my KX3; but I still have a tiny bit of remorse about having
to lose the K2. The sacrifices we make ...............

Anyway, Bob bought this little rig this past week and he's been having a
ball. And I must say, I've been quite impressed. It's really gotten him
back on the air in a big way. I have W3BBO set up in HamAlert so that I
know when Bob has been spotted on RBN or on the DX Cluster. If I'm home, I
go out of my way to get into the shack to try and work him. While I'm at
work, there's not much I can do - it just chirps at me. And it's been
chirping a lot this week - which has been a good thing! And the results
he's been getting are not shabby. Look at this RBN report from a couple
days ago:

There's only one report that's not in double digit dB's. That's pretty darn
good! Of course, no rig is going to get out without good antennas and Bob
is fine in that regard. It's still a good thing to know that a purchase
that you've made is a good one. And anything that gets a friend back on the
air, big time, is also a good thing.
Wishing you much success and fun with your new radio, Bob - can't wait to
hear it on the air!
72 de Larry W2LJQRP - When you care to send the very least!

[W2LJ] Impressive! W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Dx 0 February 22nd 20 06:01 AM
[W2LJ] Impressive! W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Equipment 0 February 22nd 20 06:01 AM
most impressive looking shortwave portable mike maghakian Shortwave 4 August 2nd 06 02:44 PM
Impressive Pics GraveRobber Shortwave 8 August 16th 05 09:16 PM
Impressive Expertise Here, but What Antenna Should I Use??? CentralNJBill Antenna 4 April 13th 04 02:53 AM