Old June 19th 20, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [KB6NU] How to clean Icom radios

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

How to clean Icom radios

This just in from Icom:
Icom recommends using over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol, with a
concentration of 70% to 80% diluted with water, on a soft, dry cloth
Recommended Cleaning Guidelines for Icom Radios and Accessories

recommended cleaning guidelines for Icom radios and accessories.
Cleaning

Turn off the radio to avoid heat generation or a malfunction.
Apply over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol, with a concentration of 70% to
80% diluted with water, on a soft, dry cloth and gently wipe down the
surfaces of the product.

Do not apply or spray the solution directly on the product, or soak it in
the solution.
Avoid wiping the antenna or the transparent acrylic plate of the display as
much as possible since rubbing alcohol can damage resin parts.

Make sure that the product batteries are sufficiently dry before using or
charging them.

Do not use bleach or detergents, even if diluted. It may cause damage or
deterioration.
IMPORTANT

We recommend disinfecting your hands before and after using the product.
We do not guarantee compatibility with all rubbing alcohols. We recommend
that you first try it on an inconspicuous part of the product.
Carefully read the precautions for rubbing alcohol before using it.
In the unlikely event that the product is damaged, or malfunctions due to
rubbing alcohol, the cost of repairs or replacement of parts may be borne
by the customer.

Regular Care (Dirt Removal)

Wipe the product off with a soft, dry cloth. If it is extremely dirty, wipe
it with a soft cloth moistened with water. Never use detergent or organic
solvents (thinner, benzine, and so on). It may cause damage, paint peeling,
or deterioration.

Keep it clean out there!

The post How to clean Icom radios appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

Amateur radio operators in the news: Ham takes on cycling challenge to
raise money,

Kevin Richardson, GB5UC.
Father and daughter from Hoo determined to complete cycle challenge from
Lands End to John OGroats

A teaching assistant spent much of lockdown in his garage on a charity
virtual cycle ride.*Kevin Richardson and his teenage daughter Lauren
had*planned an epic trip from Lands End to John O Groats*this summer to
raise money for the RNLI.

But amateur radio enthusiast Kevin had to settle for a solo challenge
around the coast of Britain from the family home in Hoo.*He hooked his
radio equipment to his bike so he could broadcast to others who follow his
hobby.

Kevin, 55, who works at Burnt Oak Primary in Gillingham, said: To keep
focused and occupied while riding, I converted my garage into the site of a
radio room. I had two amateur radios strapped to the handlebars and used
one to communicate with other radio amateurs in Kent and Essex. When things
got a little quiet and I had nobody to talk to, I listened to Classic FM.
read more
After 64 years, NZs oldest practising dentist retires aged 88

At 88, New Zealands oldest practising dentist has pulled his last
tooth.*Ive had enough, said Terry Lealand, who has worked in Hāwera for 64
years.

Now that hes closed the practice, he is looking forward to tackling some of
the retirement projects stacked up in his basement workshop. Lealands 1962
certificate as an amateur radio operator hangs alongside his degree in
dentistry, over a desk crowded with ham radio equipment.*Cabinets and
shelves are crammed with electronic components, walls are festooned with
hand tools, while welding gear and a lathe sit near a hospital bed
converted to a workbench.

The post Amateur radio operators in the news: Ham takes on cycling
challenge to raise money, appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

[KB6NU] How to clean Icom radios KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Equipment 0 June 19th 20 07:33 PM
FS: ICOM IC 735 $ 399 Very CLEAN Josh Swap 0 April 16th 06 05:57 PM
RADIOS/ACCEY/CLEAN OUT ALL MUST GO Jerry Swap 0 January 20th 05 04:40 PM
FS ICOM IC 751A very clean Josh Swap 0 September 22nd 04 12:23 AM
WTB clean ICOM IC 2KL Josh Swap 0 September 8th 04 06:51 PM