Old February 6th 21, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default [KB6NU] Learn how to get amateur radio grants Saturday February 6!

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Learn how to get amateur radio grants Saturday February 6!

Amateur Radio Digital Communications (ARDC) is an organization whose
mission is to support, promote, and enhance digital communication and
broader communication science and technology, to promote Amateur Radio,
scientific research, experimentation, education, development, open access,
and innovation in information and communication technology. They have a
bunch of money that they raised by selling some of the IP addresses that
were initially allotted to amateur radio.

TOMORROW, Saturday, February 6, they will be holding a community meeting to
inform folks about their activities. Consider attending if you think that
you mighth be interested in applying for a grant from ARDC. Heres the memo:

From: Rosy Wolfe

Hello, ARDC Grantees!

I hope this new year is off to a good start and that all is well in your

world, or at least as well as it can be given pandemic times.

Im writing with some invitations which are both for you and extend to
other amateur radio enthusiasts in your communities.
# Invitation 1: Please join us for our next community meeting!

Saturday, 06 Feb 2021
* 18:00 GMT (10am PT / 1pm ET / 7pm CET)

Join us by signing up he https://www.ampr.org/feb-6-meeting-sign-up/

In this meeting, well cover:

Highlights from 2020
Grantmaking goals in 2021
Introductions of new Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Grants Advisory
Committee (GAC) Members
Survey results from our latest survey, discussed below
Questions from our attendees.

We held a similar meeting on 10 Oct. 2020, which was primarily for

people using 44net addresses.

This one is intended for a much broader audience. So please tell your

friends! We also plan to record this meeting for those who cant make it.
# Invitation 2: Please take and share this survey!

Leading up to the meeting, were also asking amateur radio enthusiasts to
give us their thoughts in this survey.Â*Please share it with other hams you
know. As with the last survey, the aim is to get to know the people we aim
to support through our grantmaking. And like our upcoming meeting, it too
is meant for a broader audience.

Thats all for now! Looking forward to sharing more with everyone soon.

Thank you for all that you do.

All the best,

Rosy

ARDC Executive Director

I plan to attend myself.

The post Learn how to get amateur radio grants Saturday February 6!
appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.