Old March 23rd 21, 04:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [VK5PAS] Bullock Hill Conservation Park and the 2021 John Moyle Memorial Field Day

VK5PAS

Bullock Hill Conservation Park and the 2021 John Moyle Memorial Field Day

https://vk5pas.org/2021/03/22/bulloc...ial-field-day/

The 2021 John Moyle Memorial Field Day Contest (JMMFD) was held on Saturday
the 20th day of March 2021 and Sunday the 21st day of March 2021.

The aim of the JMMFD is:-

to encourage and provide familiarization with portable and field operation,
and provide training for emergency situations.Â*

The contest is held annually and is in memory of the late John Moyle.

For some very interesting information on John Moyle, the man, please see my

https://vk5pas.org/2017/03/19/totnes...ield-day-2017/

Above:- John Murray Moyle. Â*Image courtesy of Peter VK3RV

Late on Saturday afternoon I headed to my local park, the Bullock Hill
Conservation Park 5CP-265 & VKFF-0873. The park is a very short drive from
my home and about 60 km south of Adelaide.

Above:- Map showing the location of the Bullock Hill Conservation Park.
Map courtesy of Location SA Map Viewer.

There are two ways of accessing the park. The first is at the end of
Haines Road which runs off Signal Flat Road. The second is via Wattle Flat
Road. I chose Wattle Flat Road. There is a small carpark there with just
enough room to park a car.

Above:- Aerial shot of the Bullock Hill CP showing my operating spot.
Image c/o Location SA Map Viewer.

I took part in the 6 hour portable single operator category of the JMMFD.

In the 6 hours I made a total of 241 QSOs on 20, 40, & 80m SSB.

I worked VK1, VK2, VK3, VK4, VK5, VK6, VK7, New Zealand, Netherlands,
Japan, & Belgium.

Above:- Map showing my contacts during the 2021 JMMFD. Map courtesy of
qsomap.org

Band conditions on 40m were very good with many portable QRP stations
logged.

Above:- Map of Australia and New Zealand showing my contacts during the
2021 JMMFD. Map courtesy of qsomap.org

Thank you to everyone who called me.