Old April 20th 21, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VK5PAS] Trip to the Riverland, VK3 and VK2

VK5PAS

Trip to the Riverland, VK3 and VK2

https://vk5pas.org/2021/04/20/trip-t...d-vk3-and-vk2/

Marija VK5MAZ and I are back from our 2 week holiday to VK3 and VK2. We
stayed 2 nights in Renmark, 6 nights in Mildura, 3 nights in Robinvale, and
then another night in Renmark on the way home.

Our trip was to coincide with the activation weekend for the Keith Roget
Memorial National Parks Award (KRMNPA). Thanks to Tony VK3XV for another
magnificent weekend.

Whilst away Marija and I spent probably 50/% sightseeing and 50% activating
parks in both VIC & NSW.

We also went out for dinner in Renmark with Ivan VK5HS & his wife Cheryl,
Peter VK5PE, and Danny VK5DW. Di, the XYL of Larry VK5LY (now SK) also
attended. Larry was a very active park activator and hunter. A great night
out.

Whilst at Mildura we went out for dinner with members of the Sunraysia
Radio Group at the Mildura Working Mans Club & delivered them a
presentation entitled Having fun in the field. Thanks Brian VK3BBB.

The following night we went over to the home QTH of Cam VK2DG and had a
terrific night/dinner with Cam and his wife and Greg VK3MTV and his
partner. Thanks Cam for the invitation.

On the way back we caught up with Ivan VK5HS again for beer and pizza at
his place, and Ivan and his wife Cheryl kindly cooked us a cooked breakfast
on our last day.

Whilst away we activated 22 parks and made a total of 2,171 QSOs. This
included 154 Park to Park contacts.

Details of each activation as follows:-

Murray River National Park VKFF-0372 S.A. 128 QSOs & 5 Park to Park.Pike
River Conservation Park VKFF-0831 S.A. 75 QSOs & 2 Park to Park.Cooltong
Conservation Park VKFF-0823 S.A. 114 QSOs & 6 Park to Park.Meringur Flora
Reserve VKFF-2383 VIC 95 QSOs & 5 Park to Park.Yarrara Flora Reserve
VKFF-2498 VIC 65 QSOs & 4 Park to Park.Mallanbool Flora Reserve VKFF-2375
VIC 61 QSOs & 4 Park to Park.Karadoc Nature Conservation Reserve VKFF-2123
VIC 69 QSOs & 2 Park to Park.Murray Sunset National Park VKFF-0373 VIC
233 QSOs & 40 Park to Park.Hattah Kulyne National Park VKFF-0231 VIC 217
QSOs & 53 Park to Park.Yatpool Flora Reserve VKFF-2501 VIC 101 QSOs & 5
Park to Park.Merbein South Flora Reserve VKFF-2382 VIC 67 QSOs & 6 Park to
Park.Kemendok National Park VKFF-1174 NSW 116 QSOs & 3 Park to Park.Tol
Tol Flora & Fauna Reserve VKFF-2458 VIC 69 QSOs & 2 Park to Park.Passage
Camp Nature Conservation Reserve VKFF-2173 VIC 75 QSOs & 4 Park to
Park.Yanga National Park VKFF-2249 NSW 87 QSOs & 2 Park to Park.Mungo
National Park VKFF-0370 NSW 141 QSOs & 9 Park to Park.Euston Regional Park
VKFF-1782 NSW 110 QSOs.Lakes Powell & Carpul Wildlife Reserve VKFF-2365
VIC 56 QSOs & 2 Park to Park.Bannerton Flora Reserve VKFF-2261 VIC 81
QSOsWemen Flora Reserve VKFF-2483 VIC 58 QSOsMoss Tank Flora & Fauna
Reserve VKFF-2394 57 QSOsLoch Luna Game Reserve VKFF-1723 96 QSOs & 5 QSOs

Many thanks to everyone who called us. We had a terrific trip. Some photos
attached.

More info & photos on each of the days of our trip and each activation will
slowly appear here on my WordPress site.

[VK5PAS] Trip to the Riverland, VK3 and VK2 VK5PAS via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Dx 0 April 20th 21 04:49 AM
[VK5PAS] Our trip to Morgan and a quick activation at Brookfield Conservation Park VKFF-0822 VK5PAS via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 December 3rd 17 04:43 AM
Trip to Disney mickey CB 0 November 28th 04 07:07 PM
Trip to Disney mickey Scanner 0 November 28th 04 06:54 PM
Trip to Disney mickey Policy 0 November 28th 04 06:49 PM