Old April 20th 21, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] World Amateur Radio Day 2021

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

World Amateur Radio Day 2021

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

The South Plainfield Amateur Radio Club met at Putnam Park and had a good
time. There were tow good set ups going before I was able to get there, so
I did not bother setting up my QRP station. As always, Dave KD2FSI took the
lead - getting there early:

Dave arrived shortly after sunrise and was working 80 Meters before the sun
took full effect and shortened the band for the day. He worked North
Carolina with a 14/wave vertical with counterpoise. I visited for a few
minutes before returning home in order to go to Sunday morning Mass.
When I returned at 11:00 AM, Marty W2BEW had a 100 Watt station running to
a home brewed 40 Meter EFHW antenna.
His set up was doing quite the job, working into Texas, Manitoba, Ontario,
North Dakota and Oklahoma among others.
Here's Marv K2VHW at Marty's station. And here's a little video of a
contact he made:

So all in all, it was a good day. A lot of contacts were made, we had a lot
of visitors, and we were able to see each other after a long pandemic
hiatus - all the while maintaining face masks and proper COVID protocols.
72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!