Old May 28th 21, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] Who knew that the FCC had a new seal?

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Who knew that the FCC had a new seal?

On reddit this morning, I learned that the FCC has a new seal:

Apparently, its been around for a while, although I was unable to find an
FCC press release announcing the new seal. About a year ago, Broadcasting +
Cable reported:

The FCC has unveiled a new logo in anticipation of its upcoming move out of
its current headquarters.Â*

The new seal was the winner in an agency-wide contest among commission
employees and contractors, who voted on the submissions. The winning logo
was submitted by Umasankar Arumugam, picked by a vote of employees and
contractors.Â*

The FCC said the logo reflects the following elements:Â*

Communications technologies currently transforming our world;
Four stars on the outer seal border, drawing from the legacy of the
original seal of the Federal Radio Commission, the predecessor agency to
the FCC;
Eighteen stars on the shield, recognizing the current number of Bureaus and
Offices; andÂ*
The eagle and shield, identifying the FCC as an agency of the Federal
Government.

The FCC will take the next few months to incorporate the logo into
stationery, business cards and publications and other materials, both
physical and online, but will not adopt the seal officiallyÂ*until it moves
into new headquarters.Â*

The FCCs move has been delayed by the pandemic.Â*

The folks on reddit were pretty critical of the new FCC seal, but I kind of
like it. One element I like that they held over from the old seal (see
below) is the Marconi T antenna supported by two towers.

Â*

The post Who knew that the FCC had a new seal? appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.