Old June 5th 21, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VK5PAS] Some recent QSL cards received

VK5PAS

Some recent QSL cards received

https://vk5pas.org/2021/06/05/some-r...ards-received/

Here are some QSL cards I have received in the last couple of weeks

VK100AF/VI100AF
VK9CE Cocos

(Keeling) IslandsVI2021PRIDE9X9PJ Rwanda
VK0PD
Antarctica
Another 2 days as VK100AF

https://vk5pas.org/2021/06/05/anothe...ys-as-vk100af/

On Thursday 3rd June and Friday 4th June 2021, Marija VK5MAZ and I had
another turn as VK100AF, celebrating 100 years of the Royal Australian Air
Force.
Unfortunately, Marija and I both had to work on Friday, so in effect we
were on air for only 1 & 1/4 days. I didnt get into the shack until 11.00
a.m. on Thursday and did not get on air on Friday until very late in the
afternoon.
All up we made a total of 208 QSOs on 10, 20, 40, & 80m SSB.

We logged 25 different DXCC entities:-

Asiatic RussiaAustraliaAustriaBelgiumCanadaCroatiaCzech
RepublicEnglandFranceGermanyGuadeloupeIrelandItaly MaltaMoroccoNetherlandsNew
ZealandPolandPortugalSloveniaSouth AfricaSpainSwitzerlandUSAVirgin Islands
The map below shows our contacts around the world.

Above:- Map showing our QSOs around the world.
There was a small opening on Thursday afternoon on 20m on the long path

(LP) into Europe and the United Kingdom. Conditions were not as good as we
have experienced previously, but any opening is better than nothing.
Unfortunately by the time I had got home from work on Friday, 20m LP had
closed and I logged just a handful of European stations.
It was quite interesting to work two Irish stations, EI2HI and EI6JK, on
the long path on 20m at 11.00 a.m. on Thursday morning. This is 3-4 hours
before the band normally opens up to Europe.
The map below shows our contacts into Europe on the long path.

Above:- Map showing our contacts into Europe and the UK.
A total of 137 VKs and 10 ZLs were logged on 10, 20, 40, & 80m. There was
a small opening to VK2 on 10m on Thursday.

Above:- Map showing our contacts around Australia and into New Zealand
This time around the most interesting QSOs were with Volker ZS3Y in South
Africa on 20m. We had a chat for about 20 minutes and were 5/9 both ways.
I also spoke with FG5IM in Guadeloupe in the Carribean. I also had a good
chat with Mike VE6MB in Alberta in Canada on 40m about our recent trip to
Canada and also the various aircraft used by the RAAF and the Royal
Canadian Air Force.
I also spoke with Phil VK2NE who was a former RAAF Air Traffic Controller,
and Frank VK6ALF who is former RAAF.
THANK YOU to everyone who called.