RadioBanter

-   -   Wilson 1000 Antenna Question (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/103631-re-wilson-1000-antenna-question.html)

K4YZ September 7th 06 01:51 AM

Wilson 1000 Antenna Question

Slow Code wrote:
Drifter wrote in
:

I want to connect a mobile CB radio to a power supply in the garage.

My question: Is it possible to use my Wilson 1000 as a type of "base

station" antenna

Sure...but only if you leave it mounted ON THE CAR and stretch the
cheapest quality RadioShack RG-58 cable to it over the longest distance
possible.

Steve

Steveo September 7th 06 02:03 AM

Wilson 1000 Antenna Question

"K4YZ" wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Drifter wrote in
:

I want to connect a mobile CB radio to a power supply in the garage.

My question: Is it possible to use my Wilson 1000 as a type of "base

station" antenna

Sure...but only if you leave it mounted ON THE CAR and stretch the
cheapest quality RadioShack RG-58 cable to it over the longest distance
possible.

Steve

Do you have to wear a jump suit borrowed from goodwill too?

K4YZ September 7th 06 09:35 AM

Wilson 1000 Antenna Question

Steveo wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Drifter wrote in
:

I want to connect a mobile CB radio to a power supply in the garage.

My question: Is it possible to use my Wilson 1000 as a type of "base

station" antenna

Sure...but only if you leave it mounted ON THE CAR and stretch the
cheapest quality RadioShack RG-58 cable to it over the longest distance
possible.

Do you have to wear a jump suit borrowed from goodwill too?

Sure...But only if it's been ironed so often that it's shiny and
you can still see the "UPS" logo pressed into the cloth where the old
patch was cut off!

73

Steve, K4YZ