Old September 7th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Wilson 1000 Antenna Question

Slow Code wrote:
Drifter wrote in
:

I want to connect a mobile CB radio to a power supply in the garage.

My question: Is it possible to use my Wilson 1000 as a type of "base

station" antenna

Sure...but only if you leave it mounted ON THE CAR and stretch the
cheapest quality RadioShack RG-58 cable to it over the longest distance
possible.

Steve

Old September 7th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy

"K4YZ" wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Drifter wrote in
:

I want to connect a mobile CB radio to a power supply in the garage.

My question: Is it possible to use my Wilson 1000 as a type of "base

station" antenna

Sure...but only if you leave it mounted ON THE CAR and stretch the
cheapest quality RadioShack RG-58 cable to it over the longest distance
possible.

Steve

Do you have to wear a jump suit borrowed from goodwill too?
Old September 7th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Steveo wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
Drifter wrote in
:

I want to connect a mobile CB radio to a power supply in the garage.

My question: Is it possible to use my Wilson 1000 as a type of "base

station" antenna

Sure...but only if you leave it mounted ON THE CAR and stretch the
cheapest quality RadioShack RG-58 cable to it over the longest distance
possible.

Do you have to wear a jump suit borrowed from goodwill too?

Sure...But only if it's been ironed so often that it's shiny and
you can still see the "UPS" logo pressed into the cloth where the old
patch was cut off!

73

Steve, K4YZ

Why Tilt ? - The Terminated Tilted Folded Dipole (TTFD / T2FD) Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 10:21 PM
Handheld GMRS/FRS radio antenna gain question Warren Antenna 2 June 3rd 05 12:17 AM
got my wilson 1000 have question Alex CB 7 October 12th 04 01:53 AM
Wilson 1000 question Alex CB 2 October 10th 04 04:37 PM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM