Old September 19th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default Homebrew newsgroup

David wrote in
:

Anyone know what has happened to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew group ?

The posts stopped a couple of days ago .

Thanks

Regards

David

Well I knew this was going to happen. As ham radio requirements continue
to get dumbed down and people only understand how to use a microphone,
groups like homebrew are going to dry up.

SC
Old September 19th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"
Well I knew this was going to happen. As ham radio requirements continue
to get dumbed down and people only understand how to use a microphone,
groups like homebrew are going to dry up.

SC

Up 'til now I have not read your posts- just subject lines.
From them, I gather you are something of a ham radio guru. May I ask a few
qualifying questions?

1. Do you have a code proficinecy certificate - if so at what speed? If not,
how fast can you copy? I would hope at least in excess of 20WPM, given your
posts.

2. Do you build/design most or any of your equipment?

3. Have you published in any of the amateur journals?

4. Are you active in perhaps EME or microwave or other modes that require
at least a modicum of technical expertise?

I will admit that I, and the amateurs I congregate with can answer yes many
times over to the above ( oh yeah, proficiency at 25WPM)
but you don't find any of us ranting about the current state of exams.
Those that wish to use code may, and those that enjoy designing/building
may. Those that don't may want to in the future with proper Elmering.

Looking forward to your response,

Dale W4OP

Old September 19th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Ed Ed is offline

Anyone know what has happened to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew group ?

The posts stopped a couple of days ago .

Thanks

Regards

David

Either your ISP's usenet server is losing them, (sometimes they drop
groups intentionally), or something else is goofy with the usenet
handling of this group. I just went to check that group and it came up
with no new postings. However, I then reloaded all articles and it showed
a several postings made yesterday and today. So, bottom line, it IS still
working.

Ed K7AAT
Old September 19th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Dale Parfitt wrote:

"

Well I knew this was going to happen. As ham radio requirements continue
to get dumbed down and people only understand how to use a microphone,
groups like homebrew are going to dry up.

SC

Up 'til now I have not read your posts- just subject lines.
From them, I gather you are something of a ham radio guru. May I ask a few
qualifying questions?

1. Do you have a code proficinecy certificate - if so at what speed? If not,
how fast can you copy? I would hope at least in excess of 20WPM, given your
posts.

2. Do you build/design most or any of your equipment?

3. Have you published in any of the amateur journals?

4. Are you active in perhaps EME or microwave or other modes that require
at least a modicum of technical expertise?

I will admit that I, and the amateurs I congregate with can answer yes many
times over to the above ( oh yeah, proficiency at 25WPM)
but you don't find any of us ranting about the current state of exams.
Those that wish to use code may, and those that enjoy designing/building
may. Those that don't may want to in the future with proper Elmering.

Looking forward to your response,

Dale W4OP

Good luck Dale.

His type has a single point of aim, and a single point of failure. He
probably has no idea how to make a power divider for 432 or a sequencer
for an EME station. Hell, probably has no idea what either one is.

Some people have a single point of view on what it takes to be a capable
amateur radio operator. And they could do it with a spark gap
transmitter. And couldn't use much of anything more advanced.

tom
K0TAR

Old September 19th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Dale Parfitt wrote:

"

Well I knew this was going to happen. As ham radio requirements continue
to get dumbed down and people only understand how to use a microphone,
groups like homebrew are going to dry up.

SC

Up 'til now I have not read your posts- just subject lines.
From them, I gather you are something of a ham radio guru. May I ask a few
qualifying questions?

1. Do you have a code proficinecy certificate - if so at what speed? If not,
how fast can you copy? I would hope at least in excess of 20WPM, given your
posts.

2. Do you build/design most or any of your equipment?

3. Have you published in any of the amateur journals?

4. Are you active in perhaps EME or microwave or other modes that require
at least a modicum of technical expertise?

I will admit that I, and the amateurs I congregate with can answer yes many
times over to the above ( oh yeah, proficiency at 25WPM)
but you don't find any of us ranting about the current state of exams.
Those that wish to use code may, and those that enjoy designing/building
may. Those that don't may want to in the future with proper Elmering.

Looking forward to your response,

Dale W4OP

BTW, you might be interested to know that VE4MA worked a couple of the
NLRS (Minneapolis) group on 10 Gigs Saturday night on rain scatter. 620
kilometers on about 8 watts CW. Maybe good enough for NBFM, but no one
bothered.

tom
K0TAR
Old September 19th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Try rec.crafts.homebrew

Old September 20th 06, 10:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default KB9RQZ Says Learning Code is EASY!

wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:00:42 GMT, "Dale Parfitt"
wrote:
Well I knew this was going to happen. As ham radio requirements continue
to get dumbed down and people only understand how to use a microphone,
groups like homebrew are going to dry up.

SC

Up 'til now I have not read your posts- just subject lines.
From them, I gather you are something of a ham radio guru. May I ask a few
qualifying questions?

answering as gegenral inquiry for myself

Re-arrange those letters into something vaugely imitating ENGLISH,
fatboy.

1. Do you have a code proficinecy certificate - if so at what speed? If not,
how fast can you copy? I would hope at least in excess of 20WPM, given your
posts.

me not at all and not ever planing on it

How can you plan to NOT do something with skills you don't have,
fatboy?

2. Do you build/design most or any of your equipment?

some of it

Oh yeah...What? A DIPOLE...?!?! A "T-R" switch...?!?!

Yeah...RIGHT!

3. Have you published in any of the amateur journals?

no

Before one can be published in an (American) Amateur (or any other
subject matter forum) one must possess certain requisite skills in
English comprehension.

Morkie does not possess THOSE skills either.

4. Are you active in perhaps EME or microwave or other modes that require
at least a modicum of technical expertise?

EME and Microwave and till this year all my microwave gear was
homebrew (added an IC 910 h with the 1.2 gig module)

More Morkie Mularkie.

I will admit that I, and the amateurs I congregate with can answer yes many
times over to the above ( oh yeah, proficiency at 25WPM)
but you don't find any of us ranting about the current state of exams.
Those that wish to use code may, and those that enjoy designing/building
may. Those that don't may want to in the future with proper Elmering.

Looking forward to your response,

don't hold your breath (unless you are felling suicidal of course)

"felling" suicidal? Is that like killing yourself by throwing
yourself off a cliff...?!?!

KB9RQZ Said: "oh learning code is easy"

There you have it, folks! Morkie says learning code is easy!

Quoted Word For Word!

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 20th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default KB9RQZ Says Learning Code is EASY!stop the lying steve

K4YZ wrote:

stop the lying steve

Old September 20th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote:
Try rec.crafts.homebrew

well steves back wonder if he was on a 7 day paper and talked his way
then had to realease that pent angst here