Old September 20th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Do you think discussions on repeaters are as technical today as they were 25 Years ago?

Think Back, Are todays conversations on 2 meters as technical as they
were 25 years ago, or today might you hear things like:

"I woke up this morning with a pimple on my butt" or

"The dog crapped on the living room carpet again."

Allowing no-codes on VHF & UHF has made discussions less technical and
more like CB. Don't let your hatred of CW destroy our HF bands too.

Amateur Radio, a National resource.

73

SC
Old September 20th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Slow Code wrote:
Think Back, Are todays conversations on 2 meters as technical as they
were 25 years ago

Absolutely not. Back in the 70s we would discuss antennas, circuitry,
the pros and cons of certain radios, cars, boats, guns, and such.
Occasionally we would discuss more esoteric things like philosophy and
history (conspiracy theories were always a favorite). We kept away
from politics and religion, mostly, except we would discuss them in
general terms.

Come to think of it, HF was the same. These days, it's hardly worth
turning the radio on most of the time.

Allowing no-codes on VHF & UHF has made discussions less technical and
more like CB. Don't let your hatred of CW destroy our HF bands too.

That might be an oversimplification but it's generally accurate. Like
I said earlier, what we obtain too cheaply we do not value highly.

Amateur Radio, a National resource.

Too many of us forget that if we weren't a resource we would be
legislated out of existence.

Old September 20th 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default KB9RQZ Says Learning Code is EASY!

KB9RQZ Said: "oh learning code is easy"

There you have it, folks! Morkie says learning code is easy!

Quoted Word For Word!

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 21st 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default slow kook on the loose

slow kook on the loose

Old September 23rd 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Slow Code you're an idiot, because only an idiot would contine to post
this sort of crap over and over on multiple groups...

No code licensing has done nothing to hurt CW or other license classes,
and certainly hasn't turned Ham radio into Children's Band, at least
where I live (or have lived over the past 40 years or so)

I don't know where you live, but where I live, the conversations are at
least as techincal on 2 meterss as they were before (even 25 years
back), and maybe even more so. Given your agenda on polluting the
newsgroups (and probably bands too, if you actually do get on the ham
bands) with this crap that supposes than anyone that doesn't do 20+wpm
code is not a ham, or other similar pretenses, I doubt if you actually
are even active on the bands... (bigots rarely are, in my experience).

Yep, we talk about a lot of very technical topics, not the least of
which occur on 2 meters, and on local nets, or offline on other
frequencies during the day (and heave3n forbid, we actually use
telephones too!, and with others outside of our area. The future of ham
radio in the Hawaiian islands is likely to be relatively bright, even
without an increase in CW. CW is not only the slowest method of
communicating, it also is the oldest. Why don't you look into some of
the relatively recent advances in the hobby, which most of us have at
least evaluated and determined whether we wish to participate, rather
than the continual baiting and other crap you post on the groups?

By the way, I can't recall seeing you post an actual call sign, just a
"slow code" moniker, so how would any of us really know you are one of
us anyway? Even if you are, your'e clearly one that should have been
outed many years ago.

Despite the feeling I'm doing nothing more than feeding a troll, I feel
it's time to see if you're actually real... IF SO, please reply to my
email address (not on the groups, you've polluted them enough already)
and we can hopefully entertain an intelligent conversation.

Thanks
--Rick AH7H
(notice I'm not hiding behind a false email address or ashamed to
indicate my true identity!)