Old October 7th 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Here is how we can end all the silly antenna questions on the repeaters and on usenet.

james wrote:
On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:52:24 -0400, "Fred G."
wrote:

The thing here is usage of the airwaves is a priviledge and not a
right. So what ever the government cares to do in this avenue is fine
with me. I will take advantage of what ever they offer me.

and in stating that you just used the Consitution of the USA as toilet
paper

it is just that simple

the govt officail to regulate radio would derive from the "Nessary and
proper clause" the ITU treaty under the supremacy clause and the rest
to US (or the staes how are then exclude from radio regulation by the
ITU treay)
in partical the Govt has one other source of power over radio a(and
anything else they should not have) the willing of citizens to lie and
take it

The Govt had the power (and legal duty) to do code testing till 2003
when the treaty changed

the FCC has conceeded its intent we are waiting on them to push the
paper