Old November 21st 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default What is this signal on 4.005 MHz?

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote in
. net:

I'm hearing a strong digital signal of some sort when my radio is in CW
mode, on 4.005 MHz in north Texas during the evening hours. Sounds like
high-speed Morse code. I've done a web search with no luck, except that
Vatican Radio supposedly transmits on that frequency. Any idea what
this is and where it's coming from?

Thanks!

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA
Arlington, TX

I can't believe a ham would ask this question. Everyone complains about
having to learn CW, that they want to modernize and shouldn't have to
learn it, but when they hear a more modern mode that they should know what
it is, they don't know it.

It's just like I said, Hams just want an easy license they don't care to
modernize. If they did care they would be modernizing. Radio teletype has
been around a long time, if they're too lazy to do CW, why aren't they
doing teletype.

If we still had a real CW test, people would study theory more and know
what they're hearing. But Nooooo, we can't have real radio tests.

SC
Old November 21st 06, 01:38 AM posted to alt.politics.homosexual,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.radio.cb

wrote:
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 00:56:27 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote in
.net:

I'm hearing a strong digital signal of some sort when my radio is in CW
mode, on 4.005 MHz in north Texas during the evening hours. Sounds like
high-speed Morse code. I've done a web search with no luck, except that
Vatican Radio supposedly transmits on that frequency. Any idea what
this is and where it's coming from?

Thanks!

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA
Arlington, TX

I can't believe a ham would ask this question.

then you are just stupid like your other nick "hey stupid"

also yuo shul leave toad along. i watn toad to fukc my mouth liek it
wsa a cartune of a boy
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/