Old January 16th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Bad followups - Was: RFD: rec.radio.amateur.moderated moderated

From: on Mon, Jan 15 2007 12:57 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

And you wonder why people think you're a prick.
Actually, I don't wonder that.

You should.

I don't believe so, hot-ham-and-cheese. As long as the folks who have a
problem with me are you, Mark Morgan, Leonard Anderson and the demented
Roger Wiseman, I'm not going to worry about it.

I didn't suggest that you worry about it. There is a difference
between wondering about something and worrying about it. Do you agree?

Heil will not agree. He is a code-tested extra,
therefore (in his own perception) the Big Cheese.

That many readers (more than he realizes) have
perceived him as Limburger is no mystery.

I do understand that you do. I can live
with that.

You'll have to.

I'm not under some sort of compulsion to do so.

You have no choice. I think you're a prick.

A smug, arrogant prick...one who thinks he can
push others around as a bluffing bully.

When Heil came in here, he thought he could
amaze and astound other hams by his State
Department "experience." Very, very few hams
in here have come close to that. Ripe set-up
for a snow-job of "stories" of his mighty
foreign radio "work."

What Heil didn't expect is someone who had MORE
experience with HF and up comms in a much bigger
network, earlier than he did. Worse yet, it was
someone not licensed in amateur radio and not
making any attempt to be IN amateur radio! :-)
Even worse is that I'd shortly have a photo
essay on it available to any on the 'net. His
attempts at snow-jobs turned into slush.

Heil tried some more snow-jobbery on the group
trying to "explain" what he said, but (to me) it
was all penny-ante stuff regardless of the exotic
locales. Heil got all defensive about it and
tried to bluff his way out...then changed to a
long-running tactic of trying to depreciate
anything and everything I did. :-) That wasn't
out of character for him because he acted the
same way to others that didn't agree with him...
and still does. [see his depreciating "red-
hatted monkey" remarks to you]

Heil tried a schtick about my "secret yearning"
to be a ham and then ruler-spanking me for
"faults" when I refused give in to his juvenile
personality thrashing. Fact is, I've NO "secret
yearning" or any desire to get an amateur radio
license. I've had a Commercial radio operator
license for 50 years, have been in the radio-
electronics industry since 1951, have retired
from regular office hours, don't have any need
for pseudo-nobility of putting an amateur radio
callsign behind my name. My advocacy has always
been to eliminate the morse code test for a US
amateur radio license. No more in amateur radio.
That code test elimination is very, very close
to becoming FACT.

[there will be a pause while Miccolis tries to
think up some depreciating barb such as "does
this mean that...?" :-) ]

I can live comfortably with it.

The only thing that can change my mind is you, and I'm confident that
you won't. So you'll just have to live with it, comfortably if you
must, for a long, long time.

Heil is ego-driven, desirous of being "boss" in
his amateur radio experience. That's shown by his
trying to push others around, find "fault" with them
and their "motivations." Always.

Heil gets very confused on motivations. He just
can't understand anyone advocating the end of
something in government regulations pertaining to
"something they aren't part of" and (worse) not
expressing any great desire to be "part of" it.
He can't understand that because his sense of
altruism just isn't there...it doesn't fit in
with his own selfishness.

Heil is little different than Miccolis or Herman
or Fiscus (aka "slow code") and a few other morse
maven extras. They all have an ego drive to be
"better than others" (and flaunt it) because of
their morsemanship. I put Heil, Miccolis, et al,
in the very same classification as Robeson...the
only thing different is their "cannons" aren't as
loose. The same drive to be "better" than others,
have more "rank," have more "status." Sigh...old,
old story among humans. :-(

You've been made to look foolish because you didn't
recognize your own error. As you are fond of writing about me, you've
stumbled and skinned your knee on your own mistake.

I don't consider the rare typo to be worth stumbling over. Apparently
you do.

It is apparent that you didn't recognize it when you wrote it and didn't
recognize it when I wrote it.

Yeh? Does that mean that I am incapable of holding the Roanoke
Division Director position or some other position of leadership? What
was it you said about people's spelling; then almost immediately posted
with a misspelled word? Sheesh. You could learn a thing or two from
yourself. Like quit playing spelling cop.

Heil will never quit that. It's about the only trick
left in his book to be "better than others." He makes
out like he is "clever" then stumbles over his own
words and gets a compound fracture. DUMB.

The proposed new newsgroup should take care of most of the demented,
those who can't stick with a topic and those who lack self-control.

I imagine they will allow your prickish comments through, unabated.

No problem to "established" extras who are morsemen.
Those (proposed) newsgroup moderators will heap
gratuitous praise on one of their "brethren." Some
kind of Three Musketeers thing..."all for one and one
for all." [this ain't France...] :-)

How long would you give anyone who writes "Sister Nun of the Above" or
"koks on parade" in the new group?

Why ask me? I'm not a moderator, and you'll have a helluva time
getting an answer from one of them.

Poor Heil...after all his effort to get a tailored
Waffen SS uniform...which more resembles a Sister's
habit or that of a "red-hatted monkey" for his
buddy, war-veteran radio hero Miccolis (Sister Nun
of the Above). Heil's organ cranks right along.

I won't be going to this moderated kaffe klatch of
morse mavens. The ARRL already exists to do that
sort of propaganda and provide emotional wish-
fulfillment for hams dreaming to do "great things."

I'll stay with my own little radio hobby because it
is FUN for me and doesn't require all those Titles
and Rank and Status grabbing or trying to be "better"
than all others through federal certification.
I've been saying all along that US amateur radio
should be a fun hobby, enjoyed by many just for the
sake of radio itself. Instead, the examples shown
in here are of ego-driven, one-upmanship-driven,
status-title-rank seekers who just selfishly want
to CONTROL others.

If Heil, Miccolis, Fiscus, Robeson are examples of
today's US amateur radio, I would NOT want to be
part of it.