Old January 17th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default WRC-07

I wonder if Carl will be in attendance?

WRC-07 Preparations Dominate International Amateur Radio Union Calendar
NEWINGTON, CT, Jan 11, 2007 -- Preparations for World
Radiocommunication Conference 2007 (WRC-07) dominate this year's
International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) calendar. The International
Telecommunication Union (ITU) gathering will get under way in Geneva on
October 22 and continue through November 16. Some items on the WRC-07
agenda have the potential to directly or indirectly impact Amateur
Radio.

"Agenda items of particular interest to the Amateur Services involve
allocations in the 4-10 MHz range, a possible secondary allocation to
the amateur service at 136 kHz, the modification of footnotes to the
Table of Frequency Allocations, and the selection of agenda items for
future WRCs, the next of which is tentatively slated for 2011," reports
IARU Secretary David Sumner, K1ZZ, in the latest edition of the IARU
E-Letter.

WRC-07 agenda item 1.13 will review allocations to all services between
4 and 10 MHz, excluding allocations from 7000 to 7200 kHz -- settled to
the advantage of Amateur Radio during WRC-03. Starting in March 2009,
radio amateurs will enjoy a worldwide 200 kHz segment on 40 meters.
WRC-07 delegates may revisit the 7200-7300 kHz segment with an eye
toward attaining the IARU goal of a 300-kHz worldwide ham radio
allocation, although no administration is known to be planning such a
proposal.

WRC-07 agenda item 1.15 will consider establishing a secondary Amateur
Radio Service allocation in the band 135.7 to 137.8 kHz. Several
countries already have allocated that LF spectrum to Amateur Radio,
although the FCC several years ago turned away an ARRL proposal to
create a sliver band there for ham radio.

The next major WRC-07-related event is the Conference Preparatory
Meeting (CPM) in Geneva February 19 through March 2.

"The CPM will finalize the technical report that will guide the WRC
delegates' work," Sumner says. He explains that drafting of the CPM
Report has occupied several ITU Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R)
working parties for the past three years. The report provides
background information on each WRC-07 agenda item, various methods of
addressing the agenda items and the advantages and disadvantages of
each. "The inclusion or exclusion of single words in the draft CPM
Report has been the topic of spirited debate, which no doubt will
continue at the CPM."

Representing the IARU at the CPM will be IARU President Larry Price,
W4RA, and Technical Representative Ken Pulfer, VE3PU. Other Amateur
Radio representatives will be part of national delegations.

Regional and national preparatory meetings leading up to WRC-07
continue. The IARU's three regional organizations are responsible for
participating in the work of the regional telecommunications
organizations, including but not limited to CEPT (Europe), ATU
(Africa), CITEL (the Americas), and APT (Asia-Pacific). Domestic
preparations are the responsibility of the IARU member-societies in the
respective countries.

The triennial conference of IARU Region 2 is another major 2007 IARU
event. It takes place September 9-14 in Brasilia, Brazil. The 16th
General Assembly of IARU Region 2 will bring together representatives
of IARU member-societies from throughout the Americas to discuss
matters of mutual interest and to elect officers for the next three
years.

Old January 21st 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

I doubt if Carl would be interested in attending. His single
issue was abolition of code testing, and he WON that back in 2003.

The No-Code War Rally will simply change focus now. In another year or so,
they'll set their focus on getting the FCC to reduce, or even eliminate
entirely, the CW/data portions of the bands.

For most, the No-Code War isn't (and never was) about code testing. It is
about destroying a mode they feel, for whatever bizzare reason, threatened
(or 'persecuted') by.

You will no more see the No-Code Warriors disappear than you will see the
Race Pimps disappear.

73
KH6HZ

Old January 21st 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KH6HZ wrote:
"Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

I doubt if Carl would be interested in attending. His single
issue was abolition of code testing, and he WON that back in 2003.

The No-Code War Rally will simply change focus now. In another year or so,
they'll set their focus on getting the FCC to reduce, or even eliminate
entirely, the CW/data portions of the bands.

The thought never enetered my mind.

For most, the No-Code War isn't (and never was) about code testing.

You're insane.

It is
about destroying a mode they feel, for whatever bizzare reason, threatened
(or 'persecuted') by.

We're not Robesin. We don't have to destroy those who disagree with
us.

You will no more see the No-Code Warriors disappear than you will see the
Race Pimps disappear.

73
KH6HZ

What are race pimps?

Old January 21st 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KH6HZ wrote:
"Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

I doubt if Carl would be interested in attending. His single
issue was abolition of code testing, and he WON that back in 2003.

The No-Code War Rally will simply change focus now. In another year or so,
they'll set their focus on getting the FCC to reduce, or even eliminate
entirely, the CW/data portions of the bands.

well the idea of ending the subbands is not abad one

For most, the No-Code War isn't (and never was) about code testing. It is
about destroying a mode they feel, for whatever bizzare reason, threatened
(or 'persecuted') by.

not even for me

You will no more see the No-Code Warriors disappear than you will see the
Race Pimps disappear.

you may be right here but not for the reason you think

i doubt I will allowed to clamly blend in on HF

73
KH6HZ

Old January 22nd 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"KH6HZ" wrote in
:

"Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

I doubt if Carl would be interested in attending. His single issue was
abolition of code testing, and he WON that back in 2003.

The No-Code War Rally will simply change focus now. In another year or
so, they'll set their focus on getting the FCC to reduce, or even
eliminate entirely, the CW/data portions of the bands.

For most, the No-Code War isn't (and never was) about code testing. It
is about destroying a mode they feel, for whatever bizzare reason,
threatened (or 'persecuted') by.

You will no more see the No-Code Warriors disappear than you will see
the Race Pimps disappear.

73
KH6HZ

That has nothing to do with WRC-07. There are no ITU requirements for mode
subbands. There never have been. So my stetment that I doubt if Carl would
be interested still stands. Of course, that's really for him to say.

It is true that there will still be pressure on the FCC from phone ops to
widen the phone subbands in the US. This is because the phone subbands are
still narrower in the US than everywhere else on three bands - 40, 20 and
15. Some of us want to fix this, but I don't know anyone who wants to go
beyond that.

Abolition of mode subbands is just the simplest way to acheive that. In
most countries this already how it is, but you aren't likely to hear phone
below 7040, 14100 or 21150 respectively. You might hear that in a contest,
but often contest rules don't allow any points for those QSOs. If you would
rather just widen the phone subbands down to those frequencies that would
be just as good as far as I am concerned, but ironically it would probably
be harder to get that through the FCC, solely because it is more
complicated than abolishing mode subbands altogether.

None of this has ever been about wanting to destroy CW as a mode. you can
dit and dah to your heart's content for all I care.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Old January 22nd 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KH6HZ wrote:

ah MD I did not recnize you the man of a thousand Callsisgns
"Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

I doubt if Carl would be interested in attending. His single
issue was abolition of code testing, and he WON that back in 2003.

The No-Code War Rally will simply change focus now. In another year or so,
they'll set their focus on getting the FCC to reduce, or even eliminate
entirely, the CW/data portions of the bands.

perhaps some of us will persue that but not likely in a year or 2 But I
see little reason for retaining them perhaps with time on HF I will
change my my mind

For most, the No-Code War isn't (and never was) about code testing. It is
about destroying a mode they feel, for whatever bizzare reason, threatened
(or 'persecuted') by.

Not even one of the few noCoder to acualy hate code use thinks you and
the rest should be forced to abandon that mode dispite the Fact I see
it as not only unproductive and bad for the ARS but to propomote c
utlure that threatens at times to harm the public interest as you are
doing now by contiueing your hate filled vneddatat aginst those that
beat your side

dispite the tactic you used you were unable to beat NoCode

face be a man and get over your defeat