RadioBanter

-   -   Schlecks' Schlock! (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/114422-re-schlecks-schlock.html)

[email protected] January 28th 07 03:41 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 28, 1:39 am, John Smith I wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:

Just so you have a complete picture of Paul W. Schleck, I took the
following from one of his posts in news.groups.proposals:

"Mark Morgan, KB9RQZ, is correct that all of our proposed moderators and
consultants hold the highest class of Amateur Radio Service license in
their countries (Amateur Extra for the U.S. team members, Class A or
similar in the case of Jack Cook, who holds both UK and Australian
licenses). However, that doesn't mean that we would be judgemental or
unfair to other classes of license. We would certainly be open to
adding moderators to our team that hold other classes of license. We
will certainly decline articles that are disrespectful to or prejudicial
against other participants for any reason, including license class. We
would prefer to judge ideas, and take posts at face value, rather than
prejudge individuals and credentials in a vacuum."

Now that just speaks volumes about this man, his caliber, his "ethical
standards", etc. Now, doesn't it?

Gawd! I feel sick ...

Warmest regards,
JS

JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."

Only recently have people questioned the megalomania of certain
Extras, their need to have a government crutch to maintain their self-
worth and status, etc.

So just as the sword began to cut both ways...

What you won't be able to get to in this "judge ideas, and take posts
at face value" is the motivations of individuals who present ideas,
and make posts at face value. For example, we will never know why
people would eat Robesin's excrement, only that he says they do.

John Smith I January 28th 07 04:44 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."

Only recently have people questioned the megalomania of certain
Extras, their need to have a government crutch to maintain their self-
worth and status, etc.

So just as the sword began to cut both ways...

What you won't be able to get to in this "judge ideas, and take posts
at face value" is the motivations of individuals who present ideas,
and make posts at face value. For example, we will never know why
people would eat Robesin's excrement, only that he says they do.

HHAC:

Yes, there is "prejudice" and it has been there a long, long time, I
kinda of like the ncts though (no code techs.) I think they may be
individuals who have no talent for code, are busy supporting a family
and use more of their time paying bills and medical expenses, more than
anything else--yes, paul and his bunch call them names ...

And, yes, EXTRA class license holders tend to think of that paper as a
doctor degree--but, a doctorate degree in what, a darn hobby? It isn't ...

Look, hot ham, let us put this in perspective, if Paul was my next door
neighbor, we might have a cup of coffee in the morning and a beer in the
evening over the fence. I might like the PERSON of Paul W. Schleck--I
certainly consider him no monster. Here, I only refute his ideas,
conceptions, constructs, methods and goals. I hold the man Paul away
from his tactics--it is his tactics I have the bone to pick with here.

You comments are greatly appreciated, valid and a good example of how
discussion should happen here--thanks!

Warmest regards,
JS

John Smith I January 28th 07 05:08 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."

HHAC:

I "over-complex-ified" my other response to this.

Put simply, Einstein would still be Einstein, given an EXTRA CLASS
license, or not ...

Regards,
JS

an_old_friend January 28th 07 06:12 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 28, 12:08 pm, John Smith I wrote:
JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."
...HHAC:

I "over-complex-ified" my other response to this.

Put simply, Einstein would still be Einstein, given an EXTRA CLASS
license, or not ...

of tech class I doubt if Einstein had become a ham he could have ever
passed the code test at least not without depriving the world of a lot
of what he did bring us

I am the only that has read einstein and fathomed thorough his mind
that way?

Regards,
JS

John Smith I January 28th 07 06:23 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

an_old_friend wrote:

I am the only that has read einstein and fathomed thorough his mind
that way?
Regards,
JS

AOF:

It would be a lie to say I could "fathom" Einstein, I only attempt to
stand within his shadow, possibly, someday, upon his shoulders ... well,
I can dream ...

Regards,
JS

an_old_friend January 28th 07 06:35 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 28, 1:23 pm, John Smith I wrote:
an_old_friend wrote: ...

I am the only that has read einstein and fathomed thorough his mind
that way?
Regards,
JSAOF:

It would be a lie to say I could "fathom" Einstein, I only attempt to
stand within his shadow, possibly, someday, upon his shoulders ... well,
I can dream ...

I can fathom at least part of it I find interesting that Einstien and
I do both suffer from/are gifted with dyslexia and some of it fellow
travelers in what are LD's today because they do not fit well in our
educational system

I can understand and fathom what of his materail I can read ( and I
have once gotten to read some of hand written stuff a truely taxing
task with the depth of his dyslexia I can assure you, they are hand
written and in some way worse in spelling and conventcail gramuar than
much of my own writting

indeed reading his work is one of things that convince me that the
ability to spell is highly over rated esp by many posters here

working through what he says gives an understand quite impossible in
the polished drafted and somehwant flatened nature of his published
work

indeed reading einstain in few photocopies peiece of his original text
is one of the reason i refuse to polish my own work further I suspect
the reaction I get is in part due to the fact that in having to work
for it they reader is getting my thoiought at a deeper and more
distrubing level

which is exactly what I want

and likely something that would be banned by Pual et al

I can't lead on to futher explorations in that feild which is why I
moves from Physics to Geologigy and govt work

Regards,
JS

[email protected] January 28th 07 09:35 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:

JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."

Only recently have people questioned the megalomania of certain
Extras, their need to have a government crutch to maintain their self-
worth and status, etc.

So just as the sword began to cut both ways...

What you won't be able to get to in this "judge ideas, and take posts
at face value" is the motivations of individuals who present ideas,
and make posts at face value. For example, we will never know why
people would eat Robesin's excrement, only that he says they do.

HHAC: [BRIAN BURKE, N0IMD]

Yes, there is "prejudice" and it has been there a long, long time, I
kinda of like the ncts though (no code techs.) I think they may be
individuals who have no talent for code, are busy supporting a family
and use more of their time paying bills and medical expenses, more than
anything else--yes, paul and his bunch call them names ...

I disagree with your term "Paul and his bunch." I do not
charge Paul Schleck with being anything other than an
on-line politician, the type that thinks they know all
the answers. That comes largely from:

Past history of Schleck has him ocasionally wanting to
get in the thick of a contentious discussion in public
and, to some, trying to continue that in private e-mail
in an effort to enforce his will on them. Shrug. Not
any sort of felonious act.

From a sizeable experience in moderating BBS (Bulletin
Board Systems, the precursor to the Internet) public
boards, a moderator SHOULD NOT EVER get "involved"
publicly in any contentious subject where they side with
one group or another. Trying to mix it up in a virtual tag-
team match always results in FAILURE TO PROPERLY
MODERATE. They are BIASED. The ONLY thing that
moderators CAN do EFFECTIVELY is to issue notices,
advise on behavior of all.

Moderators should walk softly and silently, carrying a
large fire extinguisher. That works.

And, yes, EXTRA class license holders tend to think of that paper as a
doctor degree--but, a doctorate degree in what, a darn hobby? It isn't ...

The FCC was NEVER chartered to be an academic
institution.

Look, hot ham, let us put this in perspective, if Paul was my next door
neighbor, we might have a cup of coffee in the morning and a beer in the
evening over the fence. I might like the PERSON of Paul W. Schleck--I
certainly consider him no monster. Here, I only refute his ideas,
conceptions, constructs, methods and goals. I hold the man Paul away
from his tactics--it is his tactics I have the bone to pick with here.

Irrelevant to THIS ENVIRONMENT. This environment
is solely composed of words on screens which are
variously "colored" by the imaginations of the readers.
Some readers attempt to "interpret the unspoken words"
for their own nefarious purposes. MOST readers, I
suspect, simply get the GIST of what is written in
normal information interchange of in-person
communications. However, the amount of interchange
is itself limited to the ability of writers to convey their
thoughts...there are no clues such as tone of voice nor
additional expressions of emotion. Such normal in-
person clues must be derived from the gist, the body
of the words.

Down here in the entertainment capitol of the world, one
encounters ACTORS. Really good actors can have all the
appearance of any range between saint and sinner,
educated or woefully ignorant. At first one CANNOT
distinguish their character from the real person lurking
(or hiding) inside. With sufficient dialogue in-person
one can begin to discern the person and differentiate
them from the character. This usually leads to the
discovery that they are supremely driven by EMOTION,
not logical reasoning (emotion is the essence of their
craft) with high degrees of EGO. It takes ego and
chutzpah to get up in front of an audience and be
someone entirely different...and be believable as that
character.

In computer-modem comms there is a strong analogy
to ACTING in that most of the normal in-person clues are
missing, nothing of sight or sound, a sort of perception
twilight zone where the perceptor's imagination can run
wild. Imaginations are triggered by what another writes,
how they write it, and the ego-emotional overlay from the
gist of the text. The writer may not be aware of the effect
of what he/she writes has on readers. Professional
wordsmiths and marketing ad copy writers are aware but
those are rare in this somewhat homogenous grouping.
Most simply write as they have spoken to others for
years.

Bottom line is that this medium is part "stage" but the
egos and chutzpahs are generally doing the driving. One
CANNOT EFFECTIVELY delve into the real personna of the
writer without a great deal of message copy to serve as
a basis of judgement. That has little to do with their
in-person appearance-behavior-identification.

Excuse me, I have to go off and read another "uphill-
through-the-snow-both-ways-while-barefoot" tale of
vast, heroic, struggle to get their ham license collitch
degree. Such realism! We must honor all those who
were on the Great March. Sigh.

Diss regards,
LA

[email protected] January 28th 07 10:04 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 28, 11:44 am, John Smith I wrote:
wrote: ...

JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."

Only recently have people questioned the megalomania of certain
Extras, their need to have a government crutch to maintain their self-
worth and status, etc.

So just as the sword began to cut both ways...

What you won't be able to get to in this "judge ideas, and take posts
at face value" is the motivations of individuals who present ideas,
and make posts at face value. For example, we will never know why
people would eat Robesin's excrement, only that he says they do.HHAC:

Yes, there is "prejudice" and it has been there a long, long time, I
kinda of like the ncts though (no code techs.) I think they may be
individuals who have no talent for code, are busy supporting a family
and use more of their time paying bills and medical expenses, more than
anything else--yes, paul and his bunch call them names ...

I haven't seen that from Paul.

And, yes, EXTRA class license holders tend to think of that paper as a
doctor degree--but, a doctorate degree in what, a darn hobby? It isn't ...

When I see a ham behaving badly, it doesn't surprise me when I learn
that the ham is an Extra. That isn't to say that all Extras behave
badly.

Look, hot ham, let us put this in perspective, if Paul was my next door
neighbor, we might have a cup of coffee in the morning and a beer in the
evening over the fence. I might like the PERSON of Paul W. Schleck--I
certainly consider him no monster.

KH2D for example. I consider him a friend. Most of the hams that
I've agreed with and disagreed with on RRAP could be a friend should I
ever meet them in person. There are several who I think are
dangerous.

Here, I only refute his ideas,
conceptions, constructs, methods and goals. I hold the man Paul away
from his tactics--it is his tactics I have the bone to pick with here.

Fair enough. Pick away.

I think after all the nicey-nice backslapping on the moderated group,
they'll get sick of hearing the same-o, same-o from their cloned
bretheren and be back on RRAP to hear what thinking people have to
say.

You comments are greatly appreciated, valid and a good example of how
discussion should happen here--thanks!

You're welcome.

Warmest regards,
JS- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

bb

[email protected] January 28th 07 10:09 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 28, 12:08 pm, John Smith I wrote:
JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."
...HHAC:

I "over-complex-ified" my other response to this.

Put simply, Einstein would still be Einstein, given an EXTRA CLASS
license, or not ...

Many Extras consider themselves Einsteins...

They are not.

[email protected] January 28th 07 10:19 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:

Excuse me, I have to go off and read another "uphill-
through-the-snow-both-ways-while-barefoot" tale of
vast, heroic, struggle to get their ham license collitch
degree. Such realism! We must honor all those who
were on the Great March. Sigh.

Diss regards,
LA

Once they all agree how disadvantaged they were and yet somehow
overcame unsurmountable odds in gaining an amateur license; how Morse
Code/CW is the only true mode in amateur radio, and how unworthy the
new hams are, they'll tire of being in complete agreement with each
other. All very boring stuff once you're heard it for the ten
thousandth time.

Then they'll show up again on RRAP as has Larry tRoll, Mad Mike
Deignan, Mike Coslo, and Steven Robesin for a little real discussion.

[email protected] January 28th 07 10:31 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:

Many Extras consider themselves Einsteins...

They are not.

True...but they have Relatives!

[relatively speaking, that is... :-) ]

LA

[email protected] January 29th 07 01:36 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote: ...

JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."

[and those were the least derogatory comments! :-) ]

Only recently have people questioned the megalomania of certain
Extras, their need to have a government crutch to maintain their self-
worth and status, etc.

[Okay, I'm not a "people"...I was saying that years ago :-)]

So just as the sword began to cut both ways...

What you won't be able to get to in this "judge ideas, and take posts
at face value" is the motivations of individuals who present ideas,
and make posts at face value. For example, we will never know why
people would eat Robesin's excrement, only that he says they do.

HHAC:

Yes, there is "prejudice" and it has been there a long, long time, I
kinda of like the ncts though (no code techs.) I think they may be
individuals who have no talent for code, are busy supporting a family
and use more of their time paying bills and medical expenses, more than
anything else--yes, paul and his bunch call them names ...

I haven't seen that from Paul.

I agree but only part way. Schleck's explanations word
it as if there was "never" any moderator activity anywhere
else and his Usenet-Internet group is the "only" group
that can handle it.

That is, to put it most delicately, utter cow-flop. The BBSs
were beginning to go national in networking in the early 1980s
and hundreds of BBS Sysops were having to MODERATE thousands
of users and subscribers. Their executive (main computer)
software was already designed with Moderator's Controls to
effect that moderation. I was there. I saw it. I used it.
I've even talked to two different BBS software writer-
designers. I've been a moderator on three different BBSs.

Apparently that doesn't "count." quizical look Not of
academia (despite having macadmias) I am brushed aside.

It SEEMS to be the usual academic NIT syndrome. It SEEMS
like only THEY (the academics) have the "smarts" to do it.
The usual brush-aside is mentioning USENET out of ARPANET,
supposedly all academic institutions. Actually no, both
involved BOTH academia and corporations involved in defense
work as well as instrumentation makers. Tsk, I was there
on ARPANET for a short while, on USENET for a short while.
Be damned if I ever saw any "moderation" on either many
years ago. :-(

And, yes, EXTRA class license holders tend to think of that paper as a
doctor degree--but, a doctorate degree in what, a darn hobby? It isn't ...

When I see a ham behaving badly, it doesn't surprise me when I learn
that the ham is an Extra. That isn't to say that all Extras behave
badly.

It's almost a truism that the visible percentage of voluble
amateur extras in here are that way. They wound so easily,
the poor dears.

KH2D for example. I consider him a friend. Most of the hams that
I've agreed with and disagreed with on RRAP could be a friend should I
ever meet them in person. There are several who I think are
dangerous.

By example of early DeJaVu archives (now Google's), Jim
Kehler was, in my honest opinion, one of the WORST of the
sarcastic, arrogant, in-your-face sort in his postings to
me. I'm sorry if that bothers you, Brian, but this
target of his frustrations and sarcasm didn't much like
him. I classify Cranky Spanky as a junior grade sissy
version of Kehler. Too bad Cranky was never stuck on
Guam for years...he would have loved being where all the
comms to the rest of the world were by HF. Wonder if
Cranky has ever taken up golf? :-)

I think after all the nicey-nice backslapping on the moderated group,
they'll get sick of hearing the same-o, same-o from their cloned
bretheren and be back on RRAP to hear what thinking people have to
say.

HAR! Beautiful, Brian. :-)

They will find, after a while, that their little clubhouse
elite is a very small place after all. Claustrophobia
will set in or they will get drunk on their own high-fives.
Or, they might bail to other places like eham.net and make
out like they single-handedly worked stations side by side
with Maxim or Marconi doing "pioneering" adventures in
radio...that none of them could possibly have done.

146s,
LA

[email protected] January 29th 07 03:06 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote: ...
JS, I dunno. You have to recall that for the very longest time (and
still) there has been prejudice against No-Code Technicians. They are
"stupid, lazy, knuckledraggers with southern accents, welfare mothers
of color with their hands out, etc, etc, etc."

[and those were the least derogatory comments! :-) ]

You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.

Only recently have people questioned the megalomania of certain
Extras, their need to have a government crutch to maintain their self-
worth and status, etc.

[Okay, I'm not a "people"...I was saying that years ago :-)]

Yep, without naming names...

[...]

I'm disturbed that there was little or no discussion, and suddenly we
have a "solution," complete with with a list of moderators that no one
has ever heard of, nevermind that they are all Extras.

And, yes, EXTRA class license holders tend to think of that paper as a
doctor degree--but, a doctorate degree in what, a darn hobby? It isn't ...

When I see a ham behaving badly, it doesn't surprise me when I learn
that the ham is an Extra. That isn't to say that all Extras behave
badly.

It's almost a truism that the visible percentage of voluble
amateur extras in here are that way. They wound so easily,
the poor dears.

They wouldn't be good moderators. Skin too thin.

KH2D for example. I consider him a friend. Most of the hams that
I've agreed with and disagreed with on RRAP could be a friend should I
ever meet them in person. There are several who I think are
dangerous.

By example of early DeJaVu archives (now Google's), Jim
Kehler was, in my honest opinion, one of the WORST of the
sarcastic, arrogant, in-your-face sort in his postings to
me.

He could be "grumpy" in person, too.

I'm sorry if that bothers you, Brian, but this
target of his frustrations and sarcasm didn't much like
him. I classify Cranky Spanky as a junior grade sissy
version of Kehler. Too bad Cranky was never stuck on
Guam for years...he would have loved being where all the
comms to the rest of the world were by HF.

He couldn't have handled the pileups.

Wonder if
Cranky has ever taken up golf? :-)

"They" built a big golf course on Guam. Seems it is cheaper to fly to
Guam for a weekend of golf than to pay greens fees in Japan.

Anyway, they needed a lot of sand for the constructions, and brought a
barge load of it from China. Welp, in China, any flowing water is
considered a mechanism of taking care of waste. The sand they dredged
was full of e-coli, and this was deposited over our freshwater
well...

I think after all the nicey-nice backslapping on the moderated group,
they'll get sick of hearing the same-o, same-o from their cloned
bretheren and be back on RRAP to hear what thinking people have to
say.

HAR! Beautiful, Brian. :-)

They will find, after a while, that their little clubhouse
elite is a very small place after all. Claustrophobia
will set in or they will get drunk on their own high-fives.

Their "safe room" will have to get padding.

Or, they might bail to other places like eham.net and make
out like they single-handedly worked stations side by side
with Maxim or Marconi doing "pioneering" adventures in
radio...that none of them could possibly have done.

They didn't?

146s,
LA- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

243s

Dave Heil January 29th 07 05:39 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:

You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.

Hair-brained, was it?

Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?

Dave K8MN

[email protected] January 29th 07 11:45 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 29, 12:39 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.

Hair-brained, was it?

Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?

Dave K8MN

Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?

Dave Heil January 29th 07 03:20 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.

Hair-brained, was it?
Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?

Dave K8MN

Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?

I don't think so but if he was doing so anonymously, how could I be sure?

Now, tell me about "hair-brained".

Dave K8MN

KC4UAI January 29th 07 08:36 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 28, 4:09 pm, wrote:
...Many Extras consider themselves Einsteins...

They are not.

Yea, I would agree.. We are not above average as a group....

Personally, I took the test expecting to fail, having just taken the
General to upgrade my Tech Plus. I figured, what the heck? It didn't
cost anymore to try and I had studied some. I didn't think I was
ready, but I passed so here I am, lucky to be an Extra in my
estimation.

So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by virtue
of my license class? Nope, I got a lot to learn and I'm sure there
are some folks out there who have a boat load more practical
experience than I, but have less privileges. The two Elmers who are
largely responsible for me getting my original license among them.
Thanks guys! (WB0WMP, K4GRW )

-= Bob =-

KH6HZ January 29th 07 09:33 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

"KC4UAI" wrote:

So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by
virtue of my license class? Nope

Oddly enough, virtually all the "extras" I met during my tenure as a
"non-extra" didn't consider themselves Einsteins either. Now that I'm an
Extra, I do not consider myself an Einstein either.

It seems that only a small subset of hams (and non-hams) who post to this
forum seem to run into these self-proclaimed Einstein Extras.

But then, if you read their postings long enough, you'll begin to understand
that this bias towards Extras really isn't due to the fact these extras are
self-proclaimed Einsteins, but rather the fact that these Extras passed a
20wpm code test at one point or another.

73
kh6hz

[email protected] January 30th 07 12:06 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

From: on Sun, Jan 28 2007 7:06 pm

wrote: ...

I'm disturbed that there was little or no discussion, and suddenly we
have a "solution," complete with with a list of moderators that no one
has ever heard of, nevermind that they are all Extras.

After at least three years of some of the total crap
in here had been going on. WHERE were the "powers-that-
be"? Sleeping? The Google folks were unresponsive to
"objectionable posting." They just let it accumulate.

Since every newsgroup was created by humankind, it can
ALSO be "un-created" by humankind. Nobody in power
apparently wanted to delete any group...so very un-liberal
and "anti-democratic" or something.

"Oh, we can't impinge on the freedom of speech!" seemed
to be the "Powers" shine-off. No, no, no, NO we can't
remove, halt, or put ANY stoppage on freedom of speech!

What of the massive cross-posting? Vince Fiscus under
his nom-deguerre of "Slow Code" deliberately (and with
malice aforethought) mass-posted to many amateur
newsgroups knowing full well that most browsers would
automatically mass-post replies. Filled up all kinds
of computer mass storage at many ISPs, all with dupes.

Had this been a BBS or BBS network, the offenders would
have been summarily yanked, terminated without prejudice,
and the blessed freedom-of-speech WOULD HAVE CONTINUED,
but without troublemakers. I've seen that done, been a
party to it in a few cases. Free speech went on.
Ordinary folk could tell the difference between real
freedom and deliberate one-sidedness overlaid by
arrogant self-defined "superiority."

No collitsch degrease needed to tell the difference.
But, here we have the academia nuts telling us they
all but invented "moderating." :-( Then we've got
a bunch of "movers and shakers" recently listed which
all but says out loud they "made it all possible."

Pfooey, a decade before the Internet went public there
were BBSs and BBS nets with amateur radio "pubs"
(public boards, common name of what are called
"newsgroups" now) in the USA, a few interconnecting
with other continents. Wasn't my cuppa but I knew of
them, looked in a few. Some of those conversations
got wild and wooly but outright miscreants, filth-
spouters, and attempted take-over artists were
summarily deleted. Gone. Fini. Full thirty.

Not to worry now. We have the "third RFD" in progress.
By the time of the eleventh (when, in 2011?) there
might - finally - be a decision. The "moderated
group" may then become a reality. This is JUST LIKE
some of those "study groups" on local government
projects where a "study" might as for an "action
committee" to be formed, which then leads to another
"study group" be formed to "study" the problem. :-(

Idiocy in action...with "credentials."

LA

[email protected] January 30th 07 02:37 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.

Hair-brained, was it?
Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?

Dave K8MN

Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?

I don't think so but if he was doing so anonymously, how could I be sure?

The same as when a French Ham tells you he's operating more than 200
KHz out of band - you just have to take his word for it.

Now, tell me about "hair-brained".

Dave K8MN

You tell me about it.

[email protected] January 30th 07 02:40 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.

Hair-brained, was it?

Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?

Dave K8MN

Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?

could be I supose but not liked unless his once decent sence has
burned out by his working with BPLhttp://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

I'm supposed to be bowing to Dave's superior ability at splitting
hairs. I can only hope he didn't skin his knee.

[email protected] January 30th 07 02:50 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 29, 7:06 pm, "
From: on Sun, Jan 28 2007 7:06 pm

wrote: ...

I'm disturbed that there was little or no discussion, and suddenly we
have a "solution," complete with with a list of moderators that no one
has ever heard of, nevermind that they are all Extras.

After at least three years of some of the total crap
in here had been going on. WHERE were the "powers-that-
be"? Sleeping?

Somehow it is in style to criticize Mark's reactions to Robesin, but A-
OK for Robesin to characterize some people as rapists, homos and
pedo's.

"That darned Mark... Now we're gonna hafto moderate the group..."

The Google folks were unresponsive to
"objectionable posting." They just let it accumulate.

Asleep at the key.

Since every newsgroup was created by humankind, it can
ALSO be "un-created" by humankind. Nobody in power
apparently wanted to delete any group...so very un-liberal
and "anti-democratic" or something.

Like getting something delisted from the endangered species list...

"Oh, we can't impinge on the freedom of speech!" seemed
to be the "Powers" shine-off. No, no, no, NO we can't
remove, halt, or put ANY stoppage on freedom of speech!

What of the massive cross-posting? Vince Fiscus under
his nom-deguerre of "Slow Code" deliberately (and with
malice aforethought) mass-posted to many amateur
newsgroups knowing full well that most browsers would
automatically mass-post replies. Filled up all kinds
of computer mass storage at many ISPs, all with dupes.

"At's OK. His heart was in the right place..."

Had this been a BBS or BBS network, the offenders would
have been summarily yanked, terminated without prejudice,
and the blessed freedom-of-speech WOULD HAVE CONTINUED,
but without troublemakers. I've seen that done, been a
party to it in a few cases. Free speech went on.
Ordinary folk could tell the difference between real
freedom and deliberate one-sidedness overlaid by
arrogant self-defined "superiority."

"Know Code VS No Code"

No collitsch degrease needed to tell the difference.
But, here we have the academia nuts telling us they
all but invented "moderating." :-( Then we've got
a bunch of "movers and shakers" recently listed which
all but says out loud they "made it all possible."

I thought Coslo was going to make it all possible with his BBS?

[...]

They'll be back once they get sick of themselves.

[email protected] January 30th 07 03:03 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 29, 4:33 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"KC4UAI" wrote:
So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by
virtue of my license class? Nope

Oddly enough, virtually all the "extras" I met during my tenure as a
"non-extra" didn't consider themselves Einsteins either. Now that I'm an
Extra, I do not consider myself an Einstein either.

It seems that only a small subset of hams (and non-hams) who post to this
forum seem to run into these self-proclaimed Einstein Extras.

But then, if you read their postings long enough, you'll begin to understand
that this bias towards Extras really isn't due to the fact these extras are
self-proclaimed Einsteins, but rather the fact that these Extras passed a
20wpm code test at one point or another.

73
kh6hz

Not at all. Your 20WPM code tape Extra License is irrelevant.

When certain Extras tell me how to conduct my amateur life all the
while scarfing up a bunch of "club" calls, DX calls, and vanity calls,
then I see them as thinking they are somehow much more priveleged than
the next guy, AKA they're smarter than everyone else because they "Got
Over on The Man!"

When a Coast Guard Extra Lecturer aids and abets the scarfing up and
grabs one for himself, I have a problem with that, too.

It's just a case of people telling others what to do while being
inconsistent in their own lives... So get over yourselves.

Dee Flint January 30th 07 03:38 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

"KC4UAI" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 28, 4:09 pm, wrote:
...Many Extras consider themselves Einsteins...

They are not.

Yea, I would agree.. We are not above average as a group....

Personally, I took the test expecting to fail, having just taken the
General to upgrade my Tech Plus. I figured, what the heck? It didn't
cost anymore to try and I had studied some. I didn't think I was
ready, but I passed so here I am, lucky to be an Extra in my
estimation.

So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by virtue
of my license class? Nope, I got a lot to learn and I'm sure there
are some folks out there who have a boat load more practical
experience than I, but have less privileges. The two Elmers who are
largely responsible for me getting my original license among them.
Thanks guys! (WB0WMP, K4GRW )

-= Bob =-

Nothing wrong with that. For many years, our club satellite "guru" and our
club VHF/UHF "guru" were Technician's or Tech Pluses. The VHF/UHF guy had
been a Tech Plus for over 10 years. Everyone in the club (as far as I know)
respected their expertise in these areas. In the last couple of years
they've both upgraded to General and then Extra.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee Flint January 30th 07 03:40 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
"KC4UAI" wrote:

So, do I consider myself an expert in all things Ham Radio by
virtue of my license class? Nope

Oddly enough, virtually all the "extras" I met during my tenure as a
"non-extra" didn't consider themselves Einsteins either. Now that I'm an
Extra, I do not consider myself an Einstein either.

It seems that only a small subset of hams (and non-hams) who post to this
forum seem to run into these self-proclaimed Einstein Extras.

But then, if you read their postings long enough, you'll begin to
understand that this bias towards Extras really isn't due to the fact
these extras are self-proclaimed Einsteins, but rather the fact that these
Extras passed a 20wpm code test at one point or another.

73
kh6hz

I believe the bias goes even deeper. Even if code were not an issue, that
bias would still exist simply because the Extra has met a higher written
requirement too. In today's society, it seems to be politically incorrect
to have acquired more knowledge than someone else.

Dee, N8UZE

Dave Heil January 30th 07 05:23 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.
Hair-brained, was it?
Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?
Dave K8MN
Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?

I don't think so but if he was doing so anonymously, how could I be sure?

The same as when a French Ham tells you he's operating more than 200
KHz out of band - you just have to take his word for it.

That doesn't make any sense, Mr. Cheese. I've never had a French radio
amateur tell me that he is operating outside his authorized frequency
allocation. In fact, I've never had a French (or any other nationality)
radio amateur make a point of telling me that he is operating *inside*
his authorized allocation.

Now, tell me about "hair-brained".

You tell me about it.

You came up with it, I'll let you explain it.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil January 30th 07 05:23 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.
Hair-brained, was it?
Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?
Dave K8MN
Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?

could be I supose but not liked unless his once decent sence has
burned out by his working with BPLhttp://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

I'm supposed to be bowing to Dave's superior ability at splitting
hairs. I can only hope he didn't skin his knee.

I've split a few hares in my time.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil January 30th 07 05:28 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:

When certain Extras tell me how to conduct my amateur life all the
while scarfing up a bunch of "club" calls, DX calls, and vanity calls,
then I see them as thinking they are somehow much more priveleged than
the next guy...

If you're the next guy, I'm much more privileged than you. Pass the
exams, Mr. Cheese. You too can be more privileged.

By the way, I scarfed up a number of DX calls. I hope you don't mind.

Dave K8MN

KH6HZ January 30th 07 11:02 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

"an old friend" spewed forth the following excrement:

please stop the flowing of of the Bull****

If I knew of a way to shut off your ISP, I would.

[email protected] January 30th 07 11:40 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 30, 12:28 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
When certain Extras tell me how to conduct my amateur life all the
while scarfing up a bunch of "club" calls, DX calls, and vanity calls,
then I see them as thinking they are somehow much more priveleged than
the next guy...

If you're the next guy, I'm much more privileged than you. Pass the
exams, Mr. Cheese. You too can be more privileged.

Mr Deignan's priveleges went beyond those authorized. Riley had to
reel him back in. Put him on the straight and narrow...

but he's still got a big mouth and a Hawaiin callsign.

By the way, I scarfed up a number of DX calls. I hope you don't mind.

Not at all. You were there, Mr DX. I approve.

Mr Deignan was there in PO Box only.

Did you loan out your PO Box to folks who wanted a cool Tanzanian call
sign? Did you get a cool Guam call sign having never been to Guam,
then pretend to Lecture people on how to run their amateur lives?

[email protected] January 30th 07 11:48 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 29, 10:40 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

"KC4UAI" wrote:

[...]

Dee, I believe you are the first Extra to recognize that not all
writtens are the same. Since the beginning of the code debate, and
now with the passing of the code exam, we are made to believe that the
writtens are a mere insignificant formality and all the real content
was in the code exam.

Of course that's not true. Thank you for being and Extra and pointing
that out. You are a No Code Technician in spirit!

In today's society, it seems to be politically incorrect
to have acquired more knowledge than someone else.

Dee, N8UZE

Never. Just don't equate the Extra exam or having Extraness as if it
were an engineering degree. We'll get along Quitefine.

[email protected] January 30th 07 11:54 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

On Jan 30, 12:23 am, Dave Heil wrote:

That doesn't make any sense, Mr. Cheese. I've never had a French radio
amateur tell me that he is operating outside his authorized frequency
allocation.

That's good because it would make no difference to you. You'd tell
him where to send the greenstamp(s).

In fact, I've never had a French (or any other nationality)
radio amateur make a point of telling me that he is operating *inside*
his authorized allocation.

I'll bet you've never had one tell you that he's operating outside his
frequency allocation, either.

[email protected] January 30th 07 11:56 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.
Hair-brained, was it?
Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?
Dave K8MN
Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?
could be I supose but not liked unless his once decent sence has
burned out by his working with BPL

I'm supposed to be bowing to Dave's superior ability at splitting
hairs. I can only hope he didn't skin his knee.

I've split a few hares in my time.

Dave K8MN

Some think that's all you do.

an old fiend January 30th 07 02:38 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
"an old friend" spewed forth the following excrement:

please stop the flowing of of the Bull****

If I knew of a way to shut off your ISP, I would.

tey want me two led man intwo batle

KH6HZ January 30th 07 04:19 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

"Dee Flint" wrote

I believe the bias goes even deeper. Even if code were not an
issue, that bias would still exist simply because the Extra has met
a higher written requirement too. In today's society, it seems to be
politically incorrect to have acquired more knowledge than someone else.

You're probably correct. Now that the morse requirement is gone, the focus
will turn towards something else.

What I've observed (particularly in this forum) is a great deal of
resentment towards extra-class operators, coupled with derogatory comments
regarding morse-code and its use as a licensing requirement.

The whole claim of "Einstein Extras" is one mere example.

There are people who are in all walks of life who think they know
everything. That some of those people are bound to have extra-class ham
licenses.

99.99% of the time when I encounter those types of people, I do my best to
avoid them, and do not let their ignorance cloud my judgement against an
entire class of person. It is too bad some folks in this forum cannot do the
same, and enjoy interacting with others, rather than going out of their way
to be combative and antagonistic.

73
kh6hz

Dave Heil January 30th 07 04:35 PM

Schlecks' Schlock!

wrote:
You gotta wonder which of the regulars are/were posting anonymously.
Really hair-brained stuff.
Hair-brained, was it?
Did your mom ever take the "hare brush" to you?
Dave K8MN
Do you think Ed Hare is back, posting anonymously?
could be I supose but not liked unless his once decent sence has
burned out by his working with BPL
I'm supposed to be bowing to Dave's superior ability at splitting
hairs. I can only hope he didn't skin his knee.

I've split a few hares in my time.

Some think that's all you do.

I think that's only those of you who can't spell.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] January 31st 07 12:59 AM

Schlecks' Schlock!

From: on Tues, Jan 30 2007 3:40 am

wrote:
[...]

Mr. DX was able to "scarf up DX calls" courtesy of WORKING
IN THE STATE DEPARTMENT and getting DIPLOMATIC COURTESY from
foreign nations. Any way one slices it, Herr Oberst was
able to do that while being EMPLOYED at work that was NOT
devoted to amateur radio. DIPLOMATIC COURTESY.

Did der Robust Oberst ACTUALLY TAKE THOSE FOREIGN AMATEUR
RADIO TESTS...IN THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGES? Hard to say
but it is likely he will not, nor ever, admit that
DIPLOMATIC COURTESY was the major via for that "scarfing."

It went well beyond the "three hots and a cot" enjoyed by
long-ago military radio operators who've been in here and
bailed...the military that taught them morsemanship.

The State Department EMPLOYMENT served the government, but
using that as a cover for "scarfing up" foreign callsigns
is not an "achievement" of himself. I agree that it is
less reprehensible than going into collusion with another
amateur extra to falsify the intent, spirit of law to gain
personal emotional advantage of having non-existant club
trusteeships.

But, Heil was with the government and thinks he's here to
"help." Ptui.

LA