Old January 28th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Once again this NG is peaceful & quiet from all of the jerks!

Old January 28th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:27:43 -0500, John Doe wrote:
Once again this NG is peaceful & quiet from all of the jerks!

Not at my news server. My newsreader just killed 54 posts on entering
this newsgroup, even though I had been here earlier this morning. In
addition to Mark Morgan and K4YZ, I've also added John Smith and all
followups to his posts. That caught some people who aren't jerks, but I
don't want to see any posts which might contain the John Smith material
as quotes. I also kill all followups to any Mark Morgan posts for the
same reason.

Anything crossposted to unrelated newsgroups like a.u.k. is killed, but
it's almost 99% certain that those ARE jerks.

The newsreader doesn't show me the titles of the killed posts; it just
makes them disappear. The count of killed posts is displayed at the
bottom of the screen as I open the newsgroup.

My point is that around 100 posts per day are killed, posts which would
never have shown up in a moderated newsgroup in the first place. Just
so long as there are people making that kind of post, the argument in
favor of creating a moderated group will have those posts to use as a
supporting statistic.

I'd like to thank the jerks for unwittingly helping us out.