RadioBanter

-   -   REPOST: 3rd RFD: rec.radio.amateur.moderated moderated (LAST CALL FOR COMMENTS) (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/115246-re-repost-3rd-rfd-rec-radio-amateur-moderated-moderated-last-call-comments.html)

[email protected] February 18th 07 11:14 PM

Let the Lying Begin, was: Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 1:28 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever trusteed for have
been "vanity" callsigns.

73
kh6hz

QRZ.COM disagrees.

Is the following callsign sequentially issued?

WE1RD Lookups: 434
MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION
39 SUTTON ST APT 1
PROVIDENCE RI 02903

KH6HZ February 18th 07 11:27 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote:

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.

And poor Brian still cant post a single reference to a postal regulation
which stipulates a PO Box cannot be used by multiple people.

Poor, Poor, Brian.

KH6HZ February 18th 07 11:42 PM

Let the Lying Begin, was: Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote:

KH6HZ For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
KH6HZ trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

QRZ.COM disagrees.

Is the following callsign sequentially issued?

WE1RD Lookups: 434

I am not the trustee of that callsign.

My quoted statement above is 100% accurate to this day. None of the club
callsigns ever issued to me by the FCC have been vanity callsigns.

Try to fabricate a more believable post next time.

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 01:02 AM

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.

And poor Brian still cant post a single reference to a postal regulation
which stipulates a PO Box cannot be used by multiple people.

Poor, Poor, Brian.

They don't care about facts. All they linger on are the accusations.

[email protected] February 19th 07 01:30 AM

License Numbers

On Feb 18, 2:07�pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
[snip]

QUOTE
* * Also, there are no non-code-tested Amateur Extras
* * at all. Not yet, anyway. That situation will soon
* * change - just watch the thread "ARS License
* * Numbers" for updates. Perhaps I will update the
* * numbers there more frequently than twice-per-
* * calendar-month. Perhaps not.
UNQUOTE

I, particularly, would find it very interesting to see
these numbers more
frequently for about the first two months or so.

I'll see what I can do, Dee.

The first possible test sessions under the new rules
will be February 23rd.
That first rush of upgrades will probably show up in
the FCC database within
a week and the balance of those in less than two
weeks. *I would expect the
big rush of upgrades to pretty much be done in two
to three months. *

All of that sounds very reasonable, but it's still a bunch
of very educated guesses. The 2000 changes brought
a flood of upgrades, but not a lot of new hams. But that
was almost seven years ago.

We will soon know for sure what the effects of the Feb 23
2007 changes will be.

wonder how many will stop at General and how many
will go on to Extra.

Since the written testing is not changing, the future
General-vs-Extra distribution may likely be about
the same as it is now.

My team is conducting a test session on February 23rd
here in our area.

That's excellent. My hat is off to your team, Dee.

*So
far, while the pre-registrations are up slightly, there's
been no massive rush (so far).

One data point - so far. I wonder what the overall picture
is like? Or how it will play out over the next several months?

We will soon see the exact numbers.

Please post the "ARS License Numbers" as of the 22nd
for the baseline for the pool.

I'll try to do that.

73 de Jim, N2EY

[email protected] February 19th 07 01:38 AM

On Feb 18, 1:28?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

Ooops - looks like I was mistaken about the vanity aspect.

If they were not vanity callsigns, then they were all sequentially
issued, right?

I will reword my questions, then:

Who was harmed by the assignment of those
sequentially-issued club callsigns?

If someone was harmed by the assignment of
those sequentially-issued club callsigns, how
were they harmed?

Have any of those callsigns been reissued, either
sequentially or through the vanity system?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 01:55 AM

Another Morgasm

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:02:55 -0500, "Paul W. Schlock"
MM@beerenemasrule wrote:

They don't care about facts. All they linger on are the accusations.

funny statement from someone lying and claiming to be someone he is
not

Not funny. True.

KH6HZ February 19th 07 02:12 AM

wrote:

Ooops - looks like I was mistaken about the vanity aspect.

No problem. Sometimes it is difficult to keep the "facts" separated from all
the "fabrication" Brian likes to dream up.

If they were not vanity callsigns, then they were all sequentially
issued, right?

That is correct.

Have any of those callsigns been reissued, either
sequentially or through the vanity system?

Not that I'm aware of. But then, I haven't checked either.

[email protected] February 19th 07 02:42 AM

On Feb 18, 8:38 pm, wrote:
On Feb 18, 1:28?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote: wrote:
Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

Ooops - looks like I was mistaken about the vanity aspect.

If they were not vanity callsigns, then they were all sequentially
issued, right?

Yes, nine (9) sequentially issued for Hawaii. Here's a query that I
ran in 1998 or 1999. Note the PO Box #... no wonder Jeff was working
hard to disassociate himself from the guy that hijacked his PO Box.

----------
Callsign lookup results for:

CALL "" NAME "DEIGNAN" CITY "" STATE "" ZIP "" LIMIT "0100"

Program v1.3 - 8 March 1997 -- Last database update 1998-08-02 11:02

KH6HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P LIC ISU 4-
DEC-1997
ADVANCED 136 NELSON ST LIC EXP 14-
OCT-2007
PROVIDENCE RI 02908 LST UPD 4-
DEC-1997

WH6DDR WAIKIKI WIRELESS ASSOCIATION LIC ISU 6-
MAR-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 6-
MAR-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 6-
MAR-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDQ MANANA ISLAND IOTA GROUP LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDP RF COMMANDOS HAWAII CHAPTER LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDN PACIFIC ISLE DX SOCIETY LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDO KAMAAINA KILOWATT CLUB LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DDM GREATER HONOLULU QRP SOCIETY LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830-0282 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

KB1CCE RF COMMANDOS RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER LIC ISU 20-
FEB-1997
CLUB 136 NELSON ST LIC EXP 20-
FEB-2007
PROVIDENCE RI 02908 LST UPD 20-
FEB-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DCY CLOSED REPEATER COORDINATION SOCIETY LIC ISU 8-
JAN-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 8-
JAN-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830-0282 LST UPD 8-
JAN-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

WH6DCX MICHAEL P DEIGNAN AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATLIC ISU 7-
JAN-1997
CLUB P. O. BOX 8282 LIC EXP 7-
JAN-2007
HONOLULU HI 96830-0282 LST UPD 7-
JAN-1997
KD1HZ DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P IS
RESPONSIBLE

KB1AYF DEIGNAN, DIANE P LIC ISU 26-
OCT-1993
TECH PLUS 136 NELSON ST LIC EXP 26-
OCT-2003
PROVIDENCE RI 02908 LST UPD 24-
FEB-1996

Since the above does not, for some strange reason, give a return for
KD6HZ in
its own right, everyone may be wondering who KD6HZ is. So I
searched. The
database said the call has been changed to KH6HZ. And who is KH6HZ?
Well,
none other than:

HamCallTM Query Results:
KH6HZ

Michael P. Deignan
136 Nelson St
Providence, RI 02908

License Class: Advanced

------------------
I will reword my questions, then:

Why? Deignan has been busted, and your support of him is noted.

1) KD1HZ, 2) KD6HZ, 3) KH6HZ (Sequential??? Highly UNLIKLEY)

4) WH6DDR, 5) WH6DDQ, 6) WH6DDP, 7) WH6DDM, 8) WH6DDN, 9) WH6DDO,
10) WH6DCX, 11) WH6DCY, 12) KB1CCE, 13) WE1RD MICHAEL P DEIGNAN
REPEATER ASSOCIATION

[email protected] February 19th 07 02:47 AM

On Feb 18, 8:02 pm, "Paul W. Schlock" MM@beerenemasrule wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

... wrote:

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.

And poor Brian still cant post a single reference to a postal regulation
which stipulates a PO Box cannot be used by multiple people.

Poor, Poor, Brian.

They don't care about facts. All they linger on are the accusations.

KH6HZ

MICHAEL P DEIGNAN
706 S. Rodney French Blvd
New Bedford MA 02744

WE1RD Lookups: 434
MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION
39 SUTTON ST APT 1
PROVIDENCE RI 02903

Callsign: KB1CCE Class: Club Codes: HAB USA
Name: RF COMMANDOS RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER
Addr1: 156 Gazza Road
Addr2: Chepachet, RI 02814
Country: USA
Effective: 30 May 2000 Expires: 20 Feb 2007 Online Renewals...
FCC: ULS Listing
Trustee: KH6HZ, MICHAEL P DEIGNAN

----------------

To freshen everyone's memory, here is a current search of the name,
"Deignan:"

Click for
map
Country Info
Michael P. Deignan
136 Nelson St
Providence, RI 02908

License Class: Advanced

KH6HZ February 19th 07 02:49 AM

wrote:

1) KD1HZ, 2) KD6HZ, 3) KH6HZ (Sequential??? Highly UNLIKLEY)

Who is KD6HZ? Never heard of him (or her).

Did I alledgedly have this callsign while travelling overseas on my
Ocean-Going Trawler based out of Washington State?

13) WE1RD MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION

Bzzzzt. Wrong again. Not the trustee of this one either.

[email protected] February 19th 07 02:52 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 12:34 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Then you're either Jeffrey Hermann, Jeffrey Hermann's relation, or
Jeffrey Hermann's employee.

There is no regulation which states I have to be an employee or relation --
even today. Might want to brush up on the postal regulations.

I was using your excuses above as to how you've loaned out your own PO
Box. Why did you provide them if they are irrelevant?

That you're a fraud on numerous accounts doesn't mean that
fraudulently using Jeff's PO Box was OK.

[email protected] February 19th 07 02:55 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 1:49 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

[snip]

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity.

Or that 5WPM Technicians can't be DXers (Heil).

Just as an FYI, one of the worst
jammers on the west coast was a Technician.

He may have been an Extra at heart.

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee, can I use your mailing address for FCC purposes?

Dee Flint February 19th 07 03:20 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

oups.com...
wrote in message

ups.com...

[snip]

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity.

Or that 5WPM Technicians can't be DXers (Heil).

Just as an FYI, one of the worst
jammers on the west coast was a Technician.

He may have been an Extra at heart.

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and
everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee, can I use your mailing address for FCC purposes?

Nope wouldn't let anyone (except my "gypsy" daughter) pick up mail here so
it would not be valid for FCC purposes.

Dee, N8UZE

Dave Heil February 19th 07 04:13 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote:
On Feb 18, 11:33 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:11 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Then you know
Yes, I do. A PO Box can be for an individual, a business, or a household. In
the case of the latter do, multiple individuals may receive mail there.
Then you're either Jeffrey Hermann, Jeffrey Hermann's relation, or
Jeffrey Hermann's employee.

For the entire time I lived overseas, my U.S. mailing address, as far as
the FCC was concerned was that of WA8JOC in Cincinnati. I did not
physically reside there. I was not an employee of WA8JOC. I am not
related to WA8JOC. Despite these things, my providing the FCC that
address did not constitute fraud and it broke no laws. It didn't
attempt to circumvent any laws.

WA8JOC's address is still the FCC address of record for a number of
Finnish radio amateurs who took and passed U.S. licensing exams.
My own address is the FCC address of record for one Finnish radio
amateur who took such an exam. The FCC says that applicants must have a
U.S. address, not that the applicant must reside at that address.
The applicant must either a U.S. Social Security number *or* a Taxpayer
Identification Number. Those Finnish hams were able to obtain a TIN
without ever having had a SSN. This was done after the FCC was
contacted directly about the situation and asked what should be done.

For all other mailing purposes in the U.S., my parents addresses in
Kentucky and in Georgia were used as my address of record in the United
States. I had not resided with them for decades. I broke no laws nor
did I commit fraud.

In 1993, I provided the Department of State a legal residence address
which is the same as the address I now have. No mail was being sent
here and there was not even a rural mailbox standing at this location.
I didn't live here until 2000.

You may now chew on these statements and attempt to reconcile them.

Were you, WA8JOC, any number of Finnish radio amateurs, or your
parents using Jeffrey Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii?

It matters not, hot-ham-and-cheese, your premise is false.

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.

I didn't miss that at all. Why don't you quit attempting to manufacture
something?

Dave K8MN

[email protected] February 19th 07 04:33 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

From: "Dee Flint" on Sun, Feb 18 2007 1:49 pm

wrote in message

[snip]

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity. Just as an FYI, one of the worst
jammers on the west coast was a Technician.

One of the greatest gobblers of call signs on the west coast
is very definitely a long-time (therefore 20 WPM tested) extra,
Roy Tucker, N6TK. Up to 1 Jan 2001 he had no less than
FORTY-ONE callsigns! He still has NINETEEN of them, all
at the same Whiterock Drive, La Mirada, CA location.

Search for the history of the "W6NUT" repeater, always on
147.435 MHz. It has since gone through two ownership
changes but Tucker is on that repeater regularly. You can
also find it on the ARRL letter and the regular ham
disobediance notices there. :-)

You could begin at www.435.org for a start.

Mikey D, take note, there's still hope for you gobbling
up more than 19 calls and be "on top." :-)

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

Yes, we've all seen that with Heil, Miccolis, Kelly, and,
once in a while, Flint. Note the slip in your first
paragraph of denigrating Technician class as "worst jammer."
Not to mention pointing out "west coast." Tsk, tsk.

"Six land" (meaning primarily California) already has an
over-abundance of amateur radio licensees. I doubt that
you care very much about that since few non-residents want
to gobble up calls from YOUR call area.

Oh, and is "behaviour" anything similar to "endeavour?"
Does it have a "colour?" A "flavour?" :-)

LA

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 04:47 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are

CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity.

Or that 5WPM Technicians can't be DXers (Heil).

Just as an FYI, one of the worst
jammers on the west coast was a Technician.

He may have been an Extra at heart.

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and
everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee, can I use your mailing address for FCC purposes?

Nope wouldn't let anyone (except my "gypsy" daughter) pick up mail here so
it would not be valid for FCC purposes.

Dee, N8UZE

Really? Well, perhaps I could "loan out" my mailing address. (Grin)

But of course I am "only" a 13wpm tested General and don't meet the criteria
of a Malcontent Extra as defined by others. Maybe I should upgrade so as to
be promoted to that category? Of course, becoming a 13wpm Extra may open me
up for derision by some who earned it the old way....

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 04:58 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

ps.com...
From: "Dee Flint" on Sun, Feb 18 2007 1:49 pm

wrote in message

[...]

Flatus by any other name....well, you take if from here, Len.

[email protected] February 19th 07 05:28 AM

On Feb 18, 8:47?pm, "Paul W. Schlock" MM@beerenemasrule wrote:

But of course I am "only" a 13wpm tested General and don't meet the criteria
of a Malcontent Extra as defined by others.

You don't exist, "Schlock." You aren't in any position to
do anything but mouth off with a cutesy anony-mousie
handle.

Of course, becoming a 13wpm Extra may open me
up for derision by some who earned it the old way

You've already opened yourself for derision. shrug

[email protected] February 19th 07 05:30 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 8:58�pm, "Paul W. Schlock" MM@beerenemasrule wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

From: "Dee Flint" on Sun, Feb 18 2007 1:49 pm

wrote in message

[...]

I can't help anony-mousies who have gas problems.
Go see your doctor for that...the witch, that is...

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 05:36 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 18, 8:47?pm, "Paul W. Schlock" MM@beerenemasrule wrote:

But of course I am "only" a 13wpm tested General and don't meet the

criteria
of a Malcontent Extra as defined by others.

You don't exist, "Schlock." You aren't in any position to
do anything but mouth off with a cutesy anony-mousie
handle.

Of course, becoming a 13wpm Extra may open me
up for derision by some who earned it the old way

You've already opened yourself for derision. shrug

As have you, Oh Gaseous One.

And, Len? It must come as no surprise that I consider you to be of no more
importance than the latest Michael Jackson updates. spit

Paul W. Schlock February 19th 07 05:47 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

"Six land" (meaning primarily California) already has an
over-abundance of amateur radio licensees. I doubt that
you care very much about that since few non-residents want
to gobble up calls from YOUR call area.

Oh, and is "behaviour" anything similar to "endeavour?"
Does it have a "colour?" A "flavour?" :-)

LA

Flatus by any other name....well, you take if from here, Len.

I can't help anony-mousies who have gas problems.
Go see your doctor for that...the witch, that is...

You disappoint me, Len. Surely you are capable of something more verbose and
a bit less childish.

You know the drill. If you can't impress us with a few words of wit, then
author a multi-paragraphed, 17kb response ad-nauseum.
Come on, Len. Dazzle us with yet another display of no-holds-barred and
unfettered flatus.
You da Man!

Small Primer February 19th 07 10:47 AM

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:49:33 -0500, "KH6HZ" wrote:

wrote:

1) KD1HZ, 2) KD6HZ, 3) KH6HZ (Sequential??? Highly UNLIKLEY)

Who is KD6HZ? Never heard of him (or her).

Did I alledgedly have this callsign while travelling overseas on my
Ocean-Going Trawler based out of Washington State?

why not just come clean and move on everyone makes mistakes

Yes, even Gav admits to that...

Small Primer February 19th 07 10:48 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are

CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity.

Or that 5WPM Technicians can't be DXers (Heil).

Just as an FYI, one of the worst
jammers on the west coast was a Technician.

He may have been an Extra at heart.

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and

everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee, can I use your mailing address for FCC purposes?

Hey! I saw her first. Wait in line.

Small Primer February 19th 07 10:50 AM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

oups.com...
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, GROAN! Shades of Wiseman.

[email protected] February 19th 07 03:44 PM

On Feb 18, 6:42 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:

KH6HZ For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
KH6HZ trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

QRZ.COM disagrees.

Is the following callsign sequentially issued?

WE1RD Lookups: 434

I am not the trustee of that callsign.

WE1RD Lookups: 434
MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION
39 SUTTON ST APT 1
PROVIDENCE RI 02903

Nice snip and dodge, Deignan.

You're not the trustee of the "Michael P. Deignan Repeater
Association?"

That's too bad, because you being given credit for it.

My quoted statement above is 100% accurate to this day. None of the club
callsigns ever issued to me by the FCC have been vanity callsigns.

Try to fabricate a more believable post next time.

No fabrications.

[email protected] February 19th 07 03:47 PM

On Feb 18, 9:49 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
1) KD1HZ, 2) KD6HZ, 3) KH6HZ (Sequential??? Highly UNLIKLEY)

Who is KD6HZ? Never heard of him (or her).

Did I alledgedly have this callsign while travelling overseas on my
Ocean-Going Trawler based out of Washington State?

13) WE1RD MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION

Bzzzzt. Wrong again. Not the trustee of this one either.

And the 11 others? Correct?

No wonder all this slipped past the FCC, so many to keep track of.

[email protected] February 19th 07 03:54 PM

wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:11 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I manufactured none of that. Not my PO Box, not my addresses, not my
callsigns. NOT MY LIES!

You can thank Michael P Deignan in collusion with Jeff for bringing
this blight on amateur radio.

Thank you for your interest.

[email protected] February 19th 07 04:02 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 17, 9:07 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Hah. More fabricated Mikey D nonsense. PROVE to the
court your HEARSAY "evidence" of "receiving them in
Hawaii."

The only thing you have in common with a judge, Lennie, is you drool and
fall asleep in your chair.

Is it any wonder that Deignan disrespects the law? He's above it.

It is funny (and yet, pathetic at the same time) to see how Brian's mental
gyrations continuously concoct new conspiracy theories on how I got my
callsign(s).

Lying and cheating come to mind.

Pretty soon, he'll have me hacking into ULS or perhaps bribing government
officials.to assign myself only the best, choice callsigns available. Maybe
the PostMaster in Hawaii was in on it too! GASP! Horrors!

Your words may come back to haunt you.

[email protected] February 19th 07 04:08 PM

wrote in message

ups.com...

[snip]

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity.

Is it the same type of stereotyping as saying that a 5WPM Technician
cannot be a DXer?

Just as an FYI, one of the worst
jammers on the west coast was a Technician.

And I'm sure that one of the best jammers on the West Coast was an
Extra.

[email protected] February 19th 07 04:15 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 10:20 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 18, 1:49 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

[snip]

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity.

Or that 5WPM Technicians can't be DXers (Heil).

Just as an FYI, one of the worst
jammers on the west coast was a Technician.

He may have been an Extra at heart.

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and
everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee, can I use your mailing address for FCC purposes?

Nope wouldn't let anyone (except my "gypsy" daughter) pick up mail here so
it would not be valid for FCC purposes.

Dee, N8UZE- Hide quoted text -

C'mon, Dee, those 8-land callsigns really bust through the pile-ups.

[email protected] February 19th 07 04:20 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 11:33 pm, "
From: "Dee Flint" on Sun, Feb 18 2007 1:49 pm

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

Yes, we've all seen that with Heil, Miccolis, Kelly, and,
once in a while, Flint. Note the slip in your first
paragraph of denigrating Technician class as "worst jammer."
Not to mention pointing out "west coast." Tsk, tsk.

"Six land" (meaning primarily California) already has an
over-abundance of amateur radio licensees. I doubt that
you care very much about that since few non-residents want
to gobble up calls from YOUR call area.

Oh, and is "behaviour" anything similar to "endeavour?"
Does it have a "colour?" A "flavour?" :-)

LA

Dee, Mike, and Robesin went to offshore finishing schools.

[email protected] February 19th 07 05:48 PM

On Feb 18, 9:42�pm, wrote:
On Feb 18, 8:38 pm, wrote:
On Feb 18, 1:28?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote: wrote:
Who was harmed by the assignment of those
vanity callsigns?

For the record, none of the club callsigns I have ever
trusteed for have been "vanity" callsigns.

Ooops - looks like I was mistaken about the vanity aspect.

If they were not vanity callsigns, then they were all sequentially
issued, right?

Yes, nine (9) sequentially issued for Hawaii.

Not a dozen, and not vanity.

*Here's a query that I
ran in 1998 or 1999. *Note the PO Box #... no wonder Jeff was working
hard to disassociate himself from the guy that hijacked his PO Box.

How do you know the PO Box was "hijacked"?

----------
Callsign lookup results for:

CALL "" NAME "DEIGNAN" CITY "" STATE "" ZIP "" LIMIT "0100"

Program v1.3 - 8 March 1997 -- Last database update 1998-08-02 11:02

So this is from almost a decade ago.

KH6HZ *DEIGNAN, MICHAEL P *LIC ISU *4-DEC-1997
ADVANCED * *

Not an Extra - an Advanced!

[...]

So the guy changed his call a couple of times. Is that not allowed by
the rules?

------------------

I will reword my questions, then:

Why?

Because they are not vanity calls.

*Deignan has been busted,

"busted"? How? What was the penalty?

and your support of him is noted.

What support?

I am simply trying to get to the bottom of these alleged violations.
So far, it turns out
that at least some of the information supplied here was incorrect. It
turns out that:

- the disputed callsigns were not vanity callsigns,
- FCC requires a mailing address, not residence or station location
- there is no limit on the number of clubs that can name an individual
as trustee
- the person in question was not an Extra when all this happened.

1) KD1HZ, 2) KD6HZ, 3) KH6HZ *(Sequential??? *Highly UNLIKLEY)

Are any of those callsigns in dispute?

4) WH6DDR, 5) WH6DDQ, 6) WH6DDP, 7) WH6DDM, 8) WH6DDN, 9) *WH6DDO,
10) *WH6DCX, 11) *WH6DCY, 12) KB1CCE,

Nine callsigns, not a dozen. Are any of them current?

13) WE1RD MICHAEL P DEIGNAN REPEATER ASSOCIATION

That one is current - and the trustee is not Mr. Deignan.

So what's the problem?

Jim, N2EY

[email protected] February 19th 07 11:16 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 19, 8:20�am, wrote:
On Feb 18, 11:33 pm, "

From: "Dee Flint" on Sun, Feb 18 2007 1:49 pm

These behaviours have nothing to do with one's license class and everything
to do with the individual's already existing personality.

* *Yes, we've all seen that with Heil, Miccolis, Kelly, and,
* *once in a while, Flint. *Note the slip in your first
* *paragraph of denigrating Technician class as "worst jammer."
* *Not to mention pointing out "west coast." *Tsk, tsk.

* *"Six land" (meaning primarily California) already has an
* *over-abundance of amateur radio licensees. *I doubt that
* *you care very much about that since few non-residents want
* *to gobble up calls from YOUR call area.

* *Oh, and is "behaviour" anything similar to "endeavour?"
* *Does it have a "colour?" *A "flavour?" *:-)

* *LA

Dee, Mike, and Robesin went to offshore finishing schools.

Obviously they've never finished... :-)

LA

Dave Heil February 19th 07 11:36 PM

wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:11 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I manufactured none of that.

None of what?

Not my PO Box, not my addresses, not my
callsigns.

Since you don't know Brian, I can't really tell whether you manufactured
any of those or not. I didn't make any comments about your P.O. Box,
your address or your callsigns.

NOT MY LIES!

What lies are you writing about? As you've done so often here, you have
attempted to manufacture something out of very little.

You can thank Michael P Deignan in collusion with Jeff for bringing
this blight on amateur radio.

Of what blight are you writing? Do you think you might be a little
overwrought?

Thank you for your interest.

Nobody here seems to have more interest in Mike Deignan than
"hot-ham-and-cheese".

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil February 19th 07 11:39 PM

wrote in message

ups.com...

[snip]

I'm rarely surprised when an amateur behaving badly turns out to be a
20WPM Tested Extra.

This is the same type of stereotyping as saying that no-code Techs are CB
hams. This stereotyping has no validity.

Is it the same type of stereotyping as saying that a 5WPM Technician
cannot be a DXer?

Who has made such a statement, hot-ham-and-cheese?

Dave K8MN

[email protected] February 19th 07 11:41 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:11:06 GMT

wrote:

The FCC has released its latest operating budget listing over
its web page. Anyone who cares to can go check it out.
The ARRL never reveals its budget plans to the public,
despite all its Believers' claims that it is handled in a
"democratic fashion"...

Where is it mandated that the ARRL reveal its budget plan?

Oh, oh, little red-hatted monkey's ox has been gored!

Stand by while the Schutzstaffel marches on (with hob-
nailed boots) to DEMAND explanations for such egregious
negative commentary! [Zey tink dey haf vays of making
me cringe and beg for mercy? :-) ]

If the ARRL is as open and above-board as they imply,
they should make everything known to their membership.
Of course, if they did that then they would have to
(by law) reveal the annual salaries of their highest-
paid staff...some of whom have tried to "debate" things
in here AS IF they were jes' good ol' boys. :-)

The League is governed by an elected board of directors who live all
over the United States. Those directors are elected by League members
from their geographical area.

Wah, wah, wah...AS IF the League "represented ALL amateur
licensees" in a "democratic manner" AS LAWFUL as any
federal government body. BS. They are a PRIVATE
membership entity and the membership represents ONLY
a quarter of the total US amateur radio licensees.

...AS IF it were an arm of the guvmint.

I don't know of anyone saying that except for you.

Then you don't know much, are a BELIEVER in everything
the League says they are/do, and have an extremely
POOR memory of what has been claimed by other Believers
in here in past years.

Of course YOU have FAILED to secure a Directorship,
haven't you? :-)

Are you making brown-nose statements in here to gain a
better image for another election? :-)

The best one can hope for is someone else getting copies
of its IRS Returns and publicizes those. Otherwise we
"common folk" would never know its a multi-million dollar
"non-profit" organization.

The League must submit all kinds of paperwork to government.

Name ALL of them besides the annual IRS Tax Returns.

Remember your organ grinder's ****y pedantry on EXACT
figures and details. Do as he says and he might give
you some of the pennies out of his tin cup you carry.

If
government finds a problem, do you think it will sweep it under the rug,
or will it address the problem?

Let's just say it will NOT be national news carried in
journalistic circles as Page 1 material. :-)

The ARRL is still very "small potatoes" as membership
organizations go.

How are you involved?

Tsk, tsk. Your only "comment" here seems to be on a simple
comment I made about the FCC. The FCC has definitely
posted their proposed annual budget. I just pointed out
that the ARRL never does that sort of thing...and that got
your ox gored somehow.

I'm "not involved" with the FCC. I don't work there, nor
for them. But, I am a citizen of the United States, was
one long before you came into existance. I CAN speak to
MY government without "being involved" IN the government.

You aren't an ARRL member. You have no standing in the ARRL.
You have no vote in ARRL matters.

Wah, wah, wah...there you go again with the "not involved"
routine. :-)

The ARRL loves to Talk Big and say it "represents all US
radio amateurs." They can't possibly represent all, not
even close to a majority status. They are a MINORITY
membership group.

But, their survival as a profit-making publisher DEPENDS
on their PR image. THAT income keeps them going, pays
their bills, pays their staff, the whole thing...with the
possible exception of QST staff which depends on ad sales
to break even. Simple economics. Praise themselves, build
the image, draw in customers, get them to pay for things.
Along the way they can build a core membership that becomes
a devoted following of Believers. Like yourself.

Politically, the ARRL is a SPECIAL-INTEREST group. Not only
does the ARRL have a professional lobbyist firm on retainer
in DC but their "rep" allows government types to notice the
pretty logotype on their papers and "important" titles of
their officers. They have "no" influence, are altruistic
in some kind of extreme? BS.

In the past three-decades-plus, the ARRL has, most definitely
toadied to the brass-pounders, over-emphasized that singular
skill over and above all other skills. Their skewed
demographics (relative to the total amateur licensees in US)
of their core membership (olde-tymers, life members, etc)
shows that. Their "casual" mention of "CW" over all other
modes in publications shows that...their core membership
loves that sort of thing.

But, the ARRL's core membership is following normal human
life attrition. That means their membership is dwindling.
If the membership is dwindling, then the demographics of
member numbers presented to advertisers twice a year shows
a declining market space. Dues for membership are a very
SMALL part of the ARRL's income. They've already shown
their need for funding with repeated requests for donations
of all kinds over and above their membership dues.

The ARRL's PR tune is being rewritten now. The small
coterie of movers and shakers in/around Newington aren't
stupid. FCC 06-178 marks one of the significant, if not
most significant event in US amateur radio history of
the past half century. Old-fashioned morse code mode
is NO LONGER the featured epitome of amateur radio
operating skills...if we are to read between the lines
of their latest "midnight exams" news posting. But, at
the same time, those that want to become one with the
olde-tymers can take a code test before 23 Feb 07. That
is a clear sign the ARRL is trying to please BOTH sides
of the morse code testing issue. They need to be careful
in straddling the opinion fence lest they do physical
damage to themselves. Either way, it does not matter
to me except for the PR they use to masquerade as a
"representative of all [US] amateurs." Pfaughh.

I'm a Life Member of a professional association. Pros
aren't amateurs...yet some pros like to also be amateurs
when not involved in professional work. You revile that
for some twisted personal reason. You don't understand
that a professional radio operator license takes as much
effort and knowledge (perhaps more) as any amateur radio
operator license. Why? To reinforce your own PR image
of an 'amateur expert' through morse code skill? To ACT
the "superior" by reviling all who do not respect your
mighty amateur 'accomplishments?' Do you have an ACTOR's
guild membership? Why do you wish to suppress all
opinions against the only national amateur radio member
organization in the United States? What are you hiding?

Dave Heil February 20th 07 05:44 AM

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:11:06 GMT

wrote:

The FCC has released its latest operating budget listing...snip

The blips and burps continue from the Anderson home communications center.

This message is on its third or fourth incarnation.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] February 20th 07 07:06 PM

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:11:06 GMT

This message is on its third or fourth incarnation.

It will continue indefinitely until you answer some of the
points made...in a logical, emotionless, civil manner.

The "ghost in your machine" is expected to haunt you
for a very long time. :-)

Booooo! :-)

LA

Dean M February 20th 07 11:16 PM

Residence vs. Mailing Address

Gee Bry, for someone who went ballistic when his address was posted, you
seem to have no qualms about doing the same

Hey Dipwad!! how's that report coming

WHAT A HYPOCRITE

now watch..little Marcus Morgan, the Jewish Nazi will come running to you
defense

A pair of sickos

oups.com...