Old February 23rd 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Boycott ARRL/QST advertisers

The planned special event operation this weekend by the American Radio relay
League to celebrate the "end of Morse code" is insulting and indicates the
organization's desire to divide the amateur community. As such we are
calling for amateurs worldwide to boycott ALL PRODUCTS advertised in QST and
email the manufacturers that you are doing so and why you are doing so.

Old February 23rd 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Carl H." wrote in message
The planned special event operation this weekend by the American Radio
relay
League to celebrate the "end of Morse code" is insulting and indicates the
organization's desire to divide the amateur community. As such we

Who is "we"? You and your Mom?

http://www.usenet.com
Old February 23rd 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 23, 8:40 am, "Carl H." wrote:
The planned special event operation this weekend by the American Radio relay
League to celebrate the "end of Morse code" is insulting and indicates the
organization's desire to divide the amateur community. As such we are
calling for amateurs worldwide to boycott ALL PRODUCTS advertised in QST and
email the manufacturers that you are doing so and why you are doing so.

The are not celebrating the end of morse code. Instead they are
welcoming the new HF operators. They are trying to get people to
enjoy radio. The new operators will be coming in at a difficult time
since the sunspot cycle is at a low. If we want to keep them
interested in HF, we're going to need to actively encourage and help
the new HF operators so they don't get discouraged and quit
altogether.

It would behoove us all to get on the air and welcome them this way.
It would behoove us all to get on the air and show by example what
correct operating techniques are. It would behoove us all to elmer
all who want it.

It is our personal responsibility to be the best operators we can be
and to help ALL newcomers do the same.

If you think it is insulting, you got your head screwed on wrong. I
most assuredly will NOT boycott the ARRL. I will encourage all to
join both local clubs and the ARRL.

I will encourage all to learn code for the fun of it and the
usefulness of it. I will gladly sit with anyone attempting to make
their first contacts in anymode and help them through it if they ask.

I have a VE session scheduled this evening for those who CSCE's to
"cash in" and for those who want to take upgrade tests.

In my book, anyone willing to learn and participate is welcome.

FYI, I still believe that the basic, minimal code test should have
been kept. However, it's water under the bridge and now it's time to
help the new HF operators that were created at 12:01am today, all new
operators, and any existing operators that may need help.

Old February 23rd 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Carl H." wrote:

As such we are calling for amateurs worldwide to boycott
ALL PRODUCTS advertised in QST and email the manufacturers
that you are doing so and why you are doing so.

As an ARRL Life Member, I attempt to frequent QST advertisers as much as
possible.

Old February 23rd 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Carl H. wrote:
The planned special event operation this weekend by the American Radio relay
League to celebrate the "end of Morse code" is insulting and indicates the
organization's desire to divide the amateur community. As such we are
calling for amateurs worldwide to boycott ALL PRODUCTS advertised in QST and
email the manufacturers that you are doing so and why you are doing so.

How about turning those sour grapes into a nice
red wine?
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old February 23rd 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 23, 8:40 am, "Carl H." PULLED A BROWN
CRAYON OUT OF THE BOX AND SCRAWLED ON THE USENET WALL wrote:
The planned special event operation this weekend by the American Radio relay
League to celebrate the "end of Morse code" is insulting and indicates the
organization's desire to divide the amateur community. As such we are
calling for amateurs worldwide to boycott ALL PRODUCTS advertised in QST and
email the manufacturers that you are doing so and why you are doing so.

Baaaa hahahahahahaha!!!

You know pay, you are one sorry-assed sack of ****.
I guess you whole miniscule world is going to colapse and burn
now that ham radio no longer is burdened with the code.
Hams like you make me want to QRM a NTS traffic net on 75 meters
or **** on the floor in the men's room at the next hamfest.

Enjoy your CW free day you pathetic jew *******.

Old February 24th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Carl H." writes:

The planned special event operation this weekend by the American Radio relay
League to celebrate the "end of Morse code" is insulting and indicates the
organization's desire to divide the amateur community. As such we are
calling for amateurs worldwide to boycott ALL PRODUCTS advertised in QST and
email the manufacturers that you are doing so and why you are doing
so.

Well, *here's* an opportunity. Let's take up a collection and buy a
QST ad advertising USENET, and magically make dolts like this disappear.

Rich

Old February 24th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 23, 8:40 am, "Carl H." wrote:
The planned special event operation this weekend by the American Radio relay
League to celebrate the "end of Morse code" is insulting and indicates the
organization's desire to divide the amateur community. As such we are
calling for amateurs worldwide to boycott ALL PRODUCTS advertised in QST and
email the manufacturers that you are doing so and why you are doing so.

I think one QST advertiser has already suffered enough at the hands of
this group.

Old February 26th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

I think that your proposal is mis-guided and based on misinformation.

As I understand it, the purpose of the event was to welcome newcomers to HF,
not to "celebrate the end of Morse code."

Clearly, welcoming newcomers to our ranks is something that we need to do if
we want ham radio to survive into the future. If newcomers are shunned, the
future of ham radio will be dismal.

73,
Carl - wk3c

Old February 26th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
Clearly, welcoming newcomers to our ranks is something that we need to do ...

Just as clearly, some present hams will not welcome any
newcomers even if they have a PhD in EE and can do 50
wpm Morse code. They took the present exams and that
is enough to condemn them to the untouchable class
of amateur radio operators. It's a pity that my
grandsons will be exposed to such nonsense.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Boycott ARRL/QST advertisers Carl H. Boatanchors 3 February 28th 07 03:10 AM
Satan's Cleanup Crew and BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT [email protected] Policy 3 September 26th 06 03:47 AM
Satan's Cleanup Crew and BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT [email protected] CB 1 September 26th 06 02:06 AM
IBOC Article Carter, K8VT Shortwave 338 April 4th 06 02:56 PM
Boycott Exxon & Mobil CW Shortwave 0 February 24th 04 08:57 AM