Old February 23rd 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default 12:01 Feb 23, 2007 Madison, Wisc

About a dozen people waiting to take tests or file for upgrades. All
male, age range 16 to 70. Mostly engineering types with a few IT
folks. Not a CBer to be found. About a 50-50 split between those
getting General and Amateur Extra. Everyone going for General
passed.

Pizza, Cookies for all.

They offered "old rules" tests before midnight, no takers.

Old February 23rd 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 23, 12:52 pm, "Dream Lover" wrote:
About a dozen people waiting to take tests or file for upgrades. All
male, age range 16 to 70. Mostly engineering types with a few IT
folks. Not a CBer to be found. About a 50-50 split between those
getting General and Amateur Extra. Everyone going for General
passed.

Pizza, Cookies for all.

They offered "old rules" tests before midnight, no takers.

How many NEW hams did you get? In other words were those who were
waiting to test taking upgrade tests or getting new licenses?

I have a test session scheduled for this evening here in Oak Park,
Michigan, which is part of the metropolitan area surrounding Detroit.
As far as I have been able to determine, we are the only ones having a
test session on the 23rd in this area. There are other sessions in
Michigan on this day but they are several hours away. There are some
not too far away on the 24th and 26th also.

So far I have had 18 pre-registrations. All of them are for upgrades
(both ones taking test and others doing paper upgrades). So far there
is no one who preregistered for a new license exam. I expect some
walk-ins also and we'll see what that brings.

After the test session, I'll post the results.

Dee, N8UZE

Old February 23rd 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

how many "new" hams, and how many "upgrades?

Old February 23rd 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 23, 1:20 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
how many "new" hams, and how many "upgrades?

In "Ham Years," I'm a new ham. I've only been licensed about 20 years
now.