Old February 27th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default USMC Waxes Part 15 Devices

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

I guess Robeson REALLY didn't like my Part 15 remarks... bb

Old February 27th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
ps.com...
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

One could take the garage door opener manufacturer to small claims
court...and win...unless the manufacturer specifically warned that their
system could be rendered useless anytime at the discretion of the military
(which I highly doubt they did). A good attorney might even consider a class
action lawsuit on this one and make lots of money. The manufacturers knew
the risk and gambled. Their customers lost.

Old February 27th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 9:04�pm, wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

I guess Robeson REALLY didn't like my Part 15 remarks... *bb

Other than the fact that the article involved the Marine Corps, I
am wondering what that article had to do with me, Brain?

Steve, K4YZ

Old February 27th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 9:51?pm, "Stefan Wolfe" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

One could take the garage door opener manufacturer to small claims
court...and win...unless the manufacturer specifically warned that their
system could be rendered useless anytime at the discretion of the military
(which I highly doubt they did). A good attorney might even consider a class
action lawsuit on this one and make lots of money. The manufacturers knew
the risk and gambled. Their customers lost.

I doubt that, Stefan, but you never know.

Having read your item here I turned over a couple of radios
(broadcast types) that I have here in the house, and both of them had
the usual Part 15 caveat about "may not cause harm" and "must accept
interference from" paragraphs, so the manufcturers ARE "warning"
people about such uses.

Granted, John Q Public probably never reads those warnings, and
if they did, has no idea what they mean.

This isn't a new event, either. There was a similar rash of
consumer device failures in and around MCAS El Toro, CA, MCAS(H)
Tustin, CA, and Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton in the mid-80's.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old February 27th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 26, 9:51?pm, "Stefan Wolfe" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

I'm sure the Government warning is there but I would sue anyway. They
probably would not bother to show up in court and I would win by default. If
they were so inclined to show up, they would have to pay attorney's fees
higher than the manufacturer's cost of the probably so they might even go
for a settlement or allow a default judgement against them. This is not
occaisional interference; what it means is that one day your product simply
ceases to function.

Old February 28th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 27, 7:38�pm, wrote:
On Feb 27, 4:40 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

On Feb 26, 9:04?pm, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

I guess Robeson REALLY didn't like my Part 15 remarks... ?bb

* * *Other than the fact that the article involved the Marine Corps, I
am wondering what that article had to do with me, Brain?

Steve, K4YZ

You were a Marine?

"Sorry, Hans, MARS IS ham radio." :-)

It is very doubtful he was ever an 18-year-active-duty USMC
person. There has been NO, repeat NO PROOF
of that available to anyone in here. No document copies,
not even a snapshot of him IN the service.

73, LA

Old February 28th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 9:51?pm, "Stefan Wolfe" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

One could take the garage door opener manufacturer to small claims
court...and win...unless the manufacturer specifically warned that their
system could be rendered useless anytime at the discretion of the military
(which I highly doubt they did). A good attorney might even consider a class
action lawsuit on this one and make lots of money. The manufacturers knew
the risk and gambled. Their customers lost.

But who are you going to sue?

This has gone around-and-around before and the "consumer" always
comes up on the short end of the stick simply because the manufacturer
DOES show up with a copy of the law under their arm, demonstrates that
their device IS in compliance, and that is, as they say, that.

It's a simple matter to engineer in additional filtering, but
with extra filtering comes extra cost. However with the transmitting
unit restricted to the radiation limits of Part 15, it still won't
take much in a strong field to overcome even rudimentary filtering.

Good luck with the case, though...Do let us know how it goes.

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old February 28th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 27, 9:38�pm, wrote:
On Feb 27, 4:40 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

On Feb 26, 9:04?pm, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

I guess Robeson REALLY didn't like my Part 15 remarks... ?bb

* * *Other than the fact that the article involved the Marine Corps, I
am wondering what that article had to do with me, Brain?

Steve, K4YZ

You were a Marine?

Far more references documenting my service in the Marine Corps
has been presented in this forum than has been presented proving YOUR
alleged service in the Air Force, and TONS more than your "proof" of
your N0IMD/T5 operation, Brain...Which is to say you've never
validated either.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old February 28th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"K4YZ" wrote:

Far more references documenting my service in the Marine Corps
has been presented in this forum than has been presented proving YOUR
alleged service in the Air Force, and TONS more than your "proof" of
your N0IMD/T5 operation, Brain...Which is to say you've never
validated either.

Well if the Marines had a "Chemical Cops" I'm sure they wouldn't have
allowed you to retire, Steve.

73
kh6hz

HAMS ACCUSE OMEGA ONE OF PIRACY! N9OGL Policy 135 August 25th 06 01:17 PM
HAMS ACCUSE OMEGA ONE OF PIRACY! N9OGL General 79 August 23rd 06 07:51 AM
Part # 2 - The Simplest Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas That I Know Of . . . RHF Shortwave 0 June 2nd 06 10:57 AM
802.11x and part 97 mark Digital 2 February 26th 04 12:48 PM
802.11x and part 97 mark Digital 0 February 26th 04 07:32 AM