RadioBanter

-   -   On apostrophes (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/118138-apostrophes.html)

John Smith I April 17th 07 02:54 AM

On apostrophes

wrote:

[...]

heil's an idiot, fun to yank his chain now and then just to let any
newbies see for themselves.

He reminds me of "Mels' Hole" up in oregon, toss a rock in and you never
hear it hit bottom, same with the hole in heils' head ...

JS

Dave Heil April 17th 07 05:07 AM

On apostrophes

John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

[...]

heil's an idiot, fun to yank his chain now and then just to let any
newbies see for themselves.

No, anonymous "John", I'm not an idiot. I know how to use an apostrophe.

He reminds me of "Mels' Hole" up in oregon, toss a rock in and you never
hear it hit bottom, same with the hole in heils' head ...

Don't be embarrassed over your errant rant. You can always choose
another pseudonym.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] April 18th 07 12:39 AM

Dave Hiel thread jacker

On Apr 15, 5:59 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:53:37 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

John Smith I wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

[more of the same old chit Len tires of ...]

Len tires of being wrong and of receiving what he dishes out.

I am sure that isn't it

Dave:

Yer' a moron ... end of story.

Except that your statement isn't the end of the story.

the moron is the guy that thinks he is apointed to reveiw and check
everyone writing

In the guise of well-meaningness... recall Hans' story.

you forget that the flame war on my part hit high gear over Robesons
refuasal and yours for that matter to answer the question "how is
anybodies sexauly on topic for RRAP"

I'm sure they meant well...

Dave Heil April 18th 07 05:21 AM

Dave Hiel thread jacker

wrote:

John Smith I wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
[more of the same old chit Len tires of ...]
Len tires of being wrong and of receiving what he dishes out.

I am sure that isn't it

Dave:
Yer' a moron ... end of story.
Except that your statement isn't the end of the story.

the moron is the guy that thinks he is apointed to reveiw and check
everyone writing

In the guise of well-meaningness... recall Hans' story.

Is that the one where the new user of apostrophes forever gives up the
use of punctuation?

you forget that the flame war on my part hit high gear over Robesons
refuasal and yours for that matter to answer the question "how is
anybodies sexauly on topic for RRAP"

I'm sure they meant well...

I know you must have a warm spot for the guy who advertised for a beat
me-hurt-me, pee-on-me encounter as a bi-sexual pagan s/m freak in
another newsgroup.

That's nice, hot-ham-and-cheese. Comfort Mark and don't hurt his
self-esteem.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil April 18th 07 05:46 AM

Dave Hiel thread jacker

wrote:

John Smith I wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
[more of the same old chit Len tires of ...]
Len tires of being wrong and of receiving what he dishes out.

I am sure that isn't it

By the way, hot-ham-and-cheese, did you happen to notice who actually
hijacked the thread? It was your friend Mark.

Dave K8MN

[email protected] April 18th 07 12:01 PM

Dave Hiel thread jacker

wrote:

John Smith I wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
[more of the same old chit Len tires of ...]
Len tires of being wrong and of receiving what he dishes out.
I am sure that isn't it

Dave:
Yer' a moron ... end of story.
Except that your statement isn't the end of the story.
the moron is the guy that thinks he is apointed to reveiw and check
everyone writing

In the guise of well-meaningness... recall Hans' story.

Is that the one where the new user of apostrophes forever gives up the
use of punctuation?

You're the one who made the rule that a person who misspells a word is
incapable of leadership...

So you tell me.

you forget that the flame war on my part hit high gear over Robesons
refuasal and yours for that matter to answer the question "how is
anybodies sexauly on topic for RRAP"

I'm sure they meant well...

I know you must have a warm spot for the guy who advertised for a beat
me-hurt-me, pee-on-me encounter as a bi-sexual pagan s/m freak in
another newsgroup.

In another newsgroup? The way you guys carry on, you'd have thunk he
posted it here.

That's nice, hot-ham-and-cheese. Comfort Mark and don't hurt his
self-esteem.

Dave K8MN

That's a fine thing for an ARRL Director Wannabe to say about a fellow
amateur.

John Smith I April 18th 07 03:13 PM

Dave Hiel thread jacker

That's a fine thing for an ARRL Director Wannabe to say about a fellow
amateur.

arrl director? ROFLOL ;-P

The dumbing down of arrl is an interesting concept (if that is possible.)

A while back ago, I seen a guy downtown with a partially full wine
bottle having visions he was the messiah. Guess that is going around ...

JS

John Smith I April 18th 07 08:01 PM

Dave Hiel thread jacker

Semolina P Smith wrote:

[chit]

PLONKERS!

JS

an_old_friend April 18th 07 09:10 PM

dave contiue s his OT hijacking of the NG

On Apr 15, 10:54 pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

Mark:

Why forte free agent? I thought you were the xnews guy?

JS

FRE is thew word and I hased it off and on for years Xnews is favorued
by my impersaonators

[email protected] April 20th 07 12:06 PM

Dave Hiel thread jacker

On Apr 18, 11:13 am, John Smith I wrote:

That's a fine thing for an ARRL Director Wannabe to say about a fellow
amateur.

arrl director? ROFLOL ;-P

I know, I know!

The dumbing down of arrl is an interesting concept (if that is possible.)

In his favor, he wants the Section Reports back in the publication,
QST.

A while back ago, I seen a guy downtown with a partially full wine
bottle having visions he was the messiah. Guess that is going around ...

JS

Dave is no messiah, but merely a spelling bully.