Old April 24th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default CAPACITORS

Quite A number of (Years or Moons ago) depending on how you keep track of
time, someone came to one of the hamfests in Gaithersburg, Maryland, in a
large box
type of truck, and mounted on top of the truck was a CAPACITOR CANNON of
sorts.

I think that I need to clarify a bit - apparently the capacitors did not
really explode, but SNAPPED IN DISCHARGE STATE causing a louder than life
noise, and could be recharged to do it continuously.

At a push of a button this object sounded like a number of VERY LARGE CHERRY
BOMBS going off in succession.

Yes - it was an attention getter.

Does anybody else remember this device and or have a schematic for it?

73's

Old April 25th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Well - I would like to thank everyone who submitted a story about getting
rid of power line noise, transformers & other hardware falling from top of
poles, etc, but nobody has answered my question yet!

What I am looking for is the object described, to make NOISE. Not
interference type of noise on a receiver, especially during contests and the
like, but as an attention getter! Also, this unit would have NOTHING to do
with cannons or other types of units set to actually explode say "gunpowder
or the likes" that would cause a harmful explosion to damage any person or
property!

I have a specific need for an item as of such!! Originally I said that it
might sound like a bunch of Cherry Bombs going off, maybe I should rearrange
the wording and say it sounds more like the noise coming from the muzzle of
a machinegun!

73's

"John Doe" wrote in message
Quite A number of (Years or Moons ago) depending on how you keep track of
time, someone came to one of the hamfests in Gaithersburg, Maryland, in a
large box
type of truck, and mounted on top of the truck was a CAPACITOR CANNON of
sorts.

I think that I need to clarify a bit - apparently the capacitors did not
really explode, but SNAPPED IN DISCHARGE STATE causing a louder than life
noise, and could be recharged to do it continuously.

At a push of a button this object sounded like a number of VERY LARGE
CHERRY
BOMBS going off in succession.

Yes - it was an attention getter.

Does anybody else remember this device and or have a schematic for it?

73's

Where to buy capacitors? Gary Schafer Homebrew 3 February 10th 05 03:09 PM
ATU capacitors? Airy R.Bean Antenna 63 January 17th 05 12:16 PM
ATU capacitors? Airy R.Bean Homebrew 69 January 17th 05 12:16 PM
SB-220 Capacitors ? DOUGLAS SNOWDEN Homebrew 6 August 13th 03 02:50 AM
SB-220 Capacitors ? DOUGLAS SNOWDEN Homebrew 0 August 11th 03 04:02 AM