Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,554
Default Where Is Everybody?

On Sep 26, 10:40 pm, "Rogie" [email protected] wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...



On Sep 25, 8:40 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:17:22 -0700, John Smith


wrote:
Leo wrote:


...
Just wondering - what's up with Len, Mike,Dave, Jim, Brian, Steve,
Dee, Kim, and the rest of the old regulars on the group? Hope all is
well!


73, Leo


The perverts have rein--however, what is new, the same thing has
happened to my city ... :-(


Besides, it seems that policy was not an interest, it was just a "stated
ruse" to allow the CW Proclaimers to have voice and attempt to maintain
control.


sadly that seemed to have been the whole root of of that issue


Sadly they grew upset that folks who weren't code advocates found a
voice on policy, so they created a moderated group to exclude the no-
coders. After the initial back-slapping, they found that they didn't
have much to say to each other.


In all reality, despite your claims otherwise, they formed the moderated
group mainly in response to Mark Morgan's hundreds upon hundreds of inane
posts that were more of a pestilence than a welcome addition to this group.
Mark is THE primary culprit, with one or two others bringing up a very
distant second and third place.
Your spin stops here.


Nope, go back and read the archives. The cronies originally put forth
the idea of a moderated group to exclude non-amateurs from having a
voice in an amateur newsgroup. That's where the idea come from. They
discovered it was "too hard" so one of the cronies proposed that he
would make a BBS. He decided that was "too hard." So they sat on
their duffs until someone else came along and did the hard work.
Morse Code is truly their only claim to fame.

BTW. Did you "reign" as in dominating power? Or "rein" as in any means of
curbing or controlling?
Mark would certainly fit the latter definition.


You'll have to go back up the chain and ask "assembly whiz" or whoever
wrote that.

Regardless, Robesin was the catalyst for most of the bad behavio[u]r
on rrap. If he had apologized for mining the web and bringing back
non-amateur related information to policy, and his incessant
outrageous claims and accusations.... He's a bad citizen no matter
what neighborhood he pops in to.


  #22   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,554
Default Where Is Everybody?

On Sep 27, 12:37 am, wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:40:18 -0500, "Rogie" [email protected] wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 25, 8:40 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:17:22 -0700, John Smith


wrote:
Leo wrote:


...
Just wondering - what's up with Len, Mike,Dave, Jim, Brian, Steve,
Dee, Kim, and the rest of the old regulars on the group? Hope all is
well!


73, Leo


The perverts have rein--however, what is new, the same thing has
happened to my city ... :-(


Besides, it seems that policy was not an interest, it was just a "stated
ruse" to allow the CW Proclaimers to have voice and attempt to maintain
control.


sadly that seemed to have been the whole root of of that issue


Sadly they grew upset that folks who weren't code advocates found a
voice on policy, so they created a moderated group to exclude the no-
coders. After the initial back-slapping, they found that they didn't
have much to say to each other.


In all reality, despite your claims otherwise, they formed the moderated
group mainly in response to Mark Morgan's hundreds upon hundreds of inane


becuase they supported the atack made against of course anything ebing
justified to selence a nocoders


As despicable as many of Mark's posting were and are, they were the
only means available to counter the incessant heinous attacks he
suffered at the hands of Robesin, Wiseman, with the nod from the
cronies. Unfortunately, Mark's postings were necessary.

posts that were more of a pestilence than a welcome addition to this group.


BTW I never claimed they were a welcome addition or that they should
have been


That's the way I see it, too.

Mark is THE primary culprit, with one or two others bringing up a very
distant second and third place.


funny if Steve and owger and YOU were not eneging in your gaybashing
jewbashing etc


Everyone posts something off topic at some time or another, but a
select few incessantly posted objectional, despicable material.

That's been covered ad infinitum.

Anyway, Robesin is mostly absent from RRAP which is a good thing. If
only the cronies had suggested that he cool it with his incessant homo-
erotic attacks. Hell everything from Morse Code to Military Service
to MARS was attack material for that jerk...

  #23   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 86
Default Where Is Everybody?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 03:27:42 -0700,
wrote:

On Sep 27, 12:19 am, wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:47:51 -0700,
wrote:





On Sep 25, 8:06 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:03:13
wrote:


On Sep 25, 6:57 pm, Leo wrote:
Hmmm - that title sounds a bit like the first Twilight Zone episode!


Since the new moderated group was created (whose mission was to
improve communication and raise the bar on decency over the Policy
group), everyone seems to have disappeared. The moderated group is
virtually dead, containing primarily bulletins from Amateur groups
around the world and the odd post hare and there....and the Policy
group has degenerated into a "Mark vs the World" quagmire - quite
unfortunately for Mark.


With the exception of Dave Heil, who pops up from behind the ramparts
here occasionally to take a well placed shot at his old nemesis Mr.
Wiseman, no one seems to be left from the old crowd who regularly
discoursed in this group. Even N2EY's regular "ARS Numbers" posts
seem to have vanished into oblivion.


Just wondering - what's up with Len, Mike,Dave, Jim, Brian, Steve,
Dee, Kim, and the rest of the old regulars on the group? Hope all is
well!


73, Leo


I'm here. I'm not interested in .moderated.


I do post some on-topic stuff, but no one wants to discuss it. For
example, the ARRL gets it's own MARS call:


Honestly more a RRAM topic than RRAP after why does the ARRL NEED a
Mars Call


Good question. Do you think they are just callsign collecting, or do
you think they knowingly placed themselves into DoD service?


honestly callsign collecting is my opinion

after all just who is going to put in the time required to earn that
Maras Call? Hiram Maxim back from the grave?


Welp, they have a paid operator. In addition to the training, will he
not send the w1aw morse practice 12 hours each month so he can meet
the minimum input for MARS?

sorryI forget the ARRL uses somewhat defferent rules

"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

G

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  #24   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 86
Default Where Is Everybody?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:16:50 -0500, "Rogie" [email protected] wrote:


In all reality, despite your claims otherwise, they formed the moderated
group mainly in response to Mark Morgan's hundreds upon hundreds of
inane

becuase they supported the atack made against of course anything ebing
justified to selence a nocoders

posts that were more of a pestilence than a welcome addition to this
group.

BTW I never claimed they were a welcome addition or that they should
have been

Then you admit that you flamed.


no I admit no such thing

ou were told time after time that your
floods were not welcome


so what they were regretaable needed and it worked by and large

In short, by your own admission, you selfishly flamed.


no you need to learn to read I made no such admission


"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

G

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  #25   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 86
Default Where Is Everybody?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 03:50:49 -0700,
wrote:

On Sep 27, 12:37 am, wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:40:18 -0500, "Rogie" [email protected] wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 25, 8:40 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:17:22 -0700, John Smith


wrote:
Leo wrote:


...
Just wondering - what's up with Len, Mike,Dave, Jim, Brian, Steve,
Dee, Kim, and the rest of the old regulars on the group? Hope all is
well!


73, Leo


The perverts have rein--however, what is new, the same thing has
happened to my city ... :-(


Besides, it seems that policy was not an interest, it was just a "stated
ruse" to allow the CW Proclaimers to have voice and attempt to maintain
control.


sadly that seemed to have been the whole root of of that issue


Sadly they grew upset that folks who weren't code advocates found a
voice on policy, so they created a moderated group to exclude the no-
coders. After the initial back-slapping, they found that they didn't
have much to say to each other.


In all reality, despite your claims otherwise, they formed the moderated
group mainly in response to Mark Morgan's hundreds upon hundreds of inane


becuase they supported the atack made against of course anything ebing
justified to selence a nocoders


As despicable as many of Mark's posting were and are, they were the
only means available to counter the incessant heinous attacks he
suffered at the hands of Robesin, Wiseman, with the nod from the
cronies. Unfortunately, Mark's postings were necessary.


and as long as the forgers contiue to post stuff bearing mine and my
wife name/ call on a daily basis they contiue to be

they were only resulted to after 9 years of such assualt as well


posts that were more of a pestilence than a welcome addition to this group.


BTW I never claimed they were a welcome addition or that they should
have been


That's the way I see it, too.

Mark is THE primary culprit, with one or two others bringing up a very
distant second and third place.


funny if Steve and owger and YOU were not eneging in your gaybashing
jewbashing etc


Everyone posts something off topic at some time or another, but a
select few incessantly posted objectional, despicable material.


of course it normaly a few with tactic support of others rather like
the actions of NAZI's

That's been covered ad infinitum.

Anyway, Robesin is mostly absent from RRAP which is a good thing. If
only the cronies had suggested that he cool it with his incessant homo-
erotic attacks. Hell everything from Morse Code to Military Service
to MARS was attack material for that jerk...


indeed resriting it to ham targets or even to those and my dyslexica
were never enough

"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

G

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com



  #26   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 86
Default Where Is Everybody?

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 03:37:52 -0700,
wrote:

On Sep 26, 10:40 pm, "Rogie" [email protected] wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...



On Sep 25, 8:40 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:17:22 -0700, John Smith


wrote:
Leo wrote:


...
Just wondering - what's up with Len, Mike,Dave, Jim, Brian, Steve,
Dee, Kim, and the rest of the old regulars on the group? Hope all is
well!


73, Leo


The perverts have rein--however, what is new, the same thing has
happened to my city ... :-(


Besides, it seems that policy was not an interest, it was just a "stated
ruse" to allow the CW Proclaimers to have voice and attempt to maintain
control.


sadly that seemed to have been the whole root of of that issue


Sadly they grew upset that folks who weren't code advocates found a
voice on policy, so they created a moderated group to exclude the no-
coders. After the initial back-slapping, they found that they didn't
have much to say to each other.


In all reality, despite your claims otherwise, they formed the moderated
group mainly in response to Mark Morgan's hundreds upon hundreds of inane
posts that were more of a pestilence than a welcome addition to this group.
Mark is THE primary culprit, with one or two others bringing up a very
distant second and third place.
Your spin stops here.


Nope, go back and read the archives. The cronies originally put forth
the idea of a moderated group to exclude non-amateurs from having a
voice in an amateur newsgroup. That's where the idea come from. They
discovered it was "too hard" so one of the cronies proposed that he
would make a BBS. He decided that was "too hard." So they sat on
their duffs until someone else came along and did the hard work.
Morse Code is truly their only claim to fame.


factsare too hard for morse cronies

BTW. Did you "reign" as in dominating power? Or "rein" as in any means of
curbing or controlling?
Mark would certainly fit the latter definition.


You'll have to go back up the chain and ask "assembly whiz" or whoever
wrote that.

Regardless, Robesin was the catalyst for most of the bad behavio[u]r
on rrap. If he had apologized for mining the web and bringing back
non-amateur related information to policy, and his incessant
outrageous claims and accusations.... He's a bad citizen no matter
what neighborhood he pops in to.



or if he had choosen to merely state he would stop suchattacks and and
then follow through on it that would have suffied

"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

G

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  #27   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 86
Default Where Is Everybody?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:48:42 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

wrote:

...
Sadly they grew upset that folks who weren't code advocates found a
voice on policy, so they created a moderated group to exclude the no-
coders. After the initial back-slapping, they found that they didn't
have much to say to each other.


Yes, as usual, you are relevant ...

Will this result in some learning/changes? No? :-(


it could what RRAP needs a is good Policy related issue to sink our
teeh into


Regards,
JS


"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

G

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  #28   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Default Moderated newsgroup daily activity

"Leo" wrote:

Since the new moderated group was created (whose mission was to
improve communication and raise the bar on decency over the Policy
group), everyone seems to have disappeared. The moderated group is
virtually dead, containing primarily bulletins from Amateur groups
around the world and the odd post hare and there....


I suspect the reason why the .moderated group is dead is due to the
'standards' the moderators have decided to implement.

For example, I was recently banned from the .moderated group.

My "crime"? I had 3 rejected postings in a period of 4 months.


Now, I was a staunch supporter of the .moderated group (and still believe a
moderated group is a good thing.) I carefully went back and reviewed all the
discussion on the group creation, and didn't see anywhere that such silly
standards would be used. As the previous moderator of biz.sco.sources in the
mid 90's, I would have thought such quantitative standards were outright
silly.

Over the years, I have participated in many moderated groups,
comp.dcom.telecom being one I used extensively in the mid 90's when Pat
Townsend(sp?) was the moderator. I can't count the number of rejected
postings I've had from .telecom. Dozens. Yet, I never got any silly email
from him telling me I was "banned". Instead, my messages were either
rejected or simply never showed up. No big deal. That's his job, as
moderator. To steer the discussion. If my comments didn't with within the
discussion, it was his right to reject them.

I actually laughed out loud when I got the email telling me I was suspended
from .moderated on the basis of having 3 rejected postings over a 4 month
period. I don't know who created that idea, but that's some serious
anal-retentive tendencies there.

The most disturbing part of the entire episode is none of these 'standards'
were discussed up front. How many months have to go by before one of the
rejected postings falls off the list? What happens if you have 3 rejected
postings in 6 months? 12 months? 5 years? Do you still get banned if you
have 3 rejected postings over a 10 year period?

So, the reality is they are simply arbitrary ways for the moderators to
squash those with dissenting opinion.

No biggie, really. This summer I had to build a new barn, and right now I'm
in the process of rehabbing the single-pane windows in my 300 year old
ranch. Then I have to build wooden storm windows, and crawl into the attic
and insulate. All before winter hits. I check in here maybe once every 2 to
3 weeks. Moderated even less.

73
kh6hz


  #29   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Dec 2006
Posts: 300
Default Where Is Everybody?

"Leo" wrote:

Since the new moderated group was created (whose mission was to
improve communication and raise the bar on decency over the Policy
group), everyone seems to have disappeared.


I think most people have moved on to bigger and better things. Why spend
time here when you can be operating on the air?

This forum has become a quagmire, pretty much singlehandedly at the hands of
the Mark Morgan, who somehow feels he has to spew a response to each and
every message someone posts, including his own, proclaiming he is a victim
(watch, he will feel compelled to respond to this posting as well, much like
Pavlov's dog.)


  #30   Report Post  
Old September 27th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 86
Default Moderated newsgroup daily activity

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:29:15 -0400, "KH6HZ" wrote:

"Leo" wrote:

Since the new moderated group was created (whose mission was to
improve communication and raise the bar on decency over the Policy
group), everyone seems to have disappeared. The moderated group is
virtually dead, containing primarily bulletins from Amateur groups
around the world and the odd post hare and there....


I suspect the reason why the .moderated group is dead is due to the
'standards' the moderators have decided to implement.

For example, I was recently banned from the .moderated group.

My "crime"? I had 3 rejected postings in a period of 4 months.


indded


Now, I was a staunch supporter of the .moderated group (and still believe a
moderated group is a good thing.)


even i was willing to consider the idea

I carefully went back and reviewed all the
discussion on the group creation, and didn't see anywhere that such silly
standards would be used.


that aterail was sated here in RRAP when when I was banned form even
testing there moderation after to being expressly invited to do


As the previous moderator of biz.sco.sources in the
mid 90's, I would have thought such quantitative standards were outright
silly.


for once we agree


Over the years, I have participated in many moderated groups,
comp.dcom.telecom being one I used extensively in the mid 90's when Pat
Townsend(sp?) was the moderator. I can't count the number of rejected
postings I've had from .telecom. Dozens. Yet, I never got any silly email
from him telling me I was "banned". Instead, my messages were either
rejected or simply never showed up. No big deal. That's his job, as
moderator. To steer the discussion. If my comments didn't with within the
discussion, it was his right to reject them.

I actually laughed out loud when I got the email telling me I was suspended
from .moderated on the basis of having 3 rejected postings over a 4 month
period. I don't know who created that idea, but that's some serious
anal-retentive tendencies there.


it seems to have been Puals idea from the beginning but I truly don't
know

The most disturbing part of the entire episode is none of these 'standards'
were discussed up front. How many months have to go by before one of the
rejected postings falls off the list? What happens if you have 3 rejected
postings in 6 months? 12 months? 5 years? Do you still get banned if you
have 3 rejected postings over a 10 year period?


as I understand the matter 3 post over 50 years would get one banned

unless the server counting them crashed in the period


So, the reality is they are simply arbitrary ways for the moderators to
squash those with dissenting opinion.


as I said from the first


No biggie, really. This summer I had to build a new barn, and right now I'm
in the process of rehabbing the single-pane windows in my 300 year old
ranch. Then I have to build wooden storm windows, and crawl into the attic
and insulate. All before winter hits. I check in here maybe once every 2 to
3 weeks. Moderated even less.

73
kh6hz


"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

G

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 RadioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Radio"

 

Copyright © 2017