Old July 2nd 03, 04:37 AM
Robert Casey

Default 24 hours to 5MHz operations

I clipped my diode, and did some crude tests of my bandwidth and
it looks good. And it loads fine into a dummy load. 50 watts.
We'll see if I can get the rig to load into my antenna. It should
be compliant, as the dipole antenna isn't even cut for the band.

Anyone else prepared to get on 5 here?

Old July 2nd 03, 04:49 AM
Jerry Oxendine

Robert Casey wrote in message
I clipped my diode, and did some crude tests of my bandwidth and
it looks good. And it loads fine into a dummy load. 50 watts.
We'll see if I can get the rig to load into my antenna. It should
be compliant, as the dipole antenna isn't even cut for the band.

Anyone else prepared to get on 5 here?

It's not a problem, I've been on 5 MHZ for a number of years via CAP,
Shares,.
and FEMA.

Jerry
K4KWH

Old July 2nd 03, 06:02 PM
Dan/W4NTI

I've got the freqs programmed into the MP. Ill use my 4.5 MARS antenna.
Hopefully it wont exceed that ERP. hi.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 9th 06, 07:33 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Casey
I clipped my diode, and did some crude tests of my bandwidth and
it looks good. And it loads fine into a dummy load. 50 watts.
We'll see if I can get the rig to load into my antenna. It should
be compliant, as the dipole antenna isn't even cut for the band.

Anyone else prepared to get on 5 here?
Can I use it for contests?

The Man in the Maze
QRK5 from Baboquivari Peak, AZ