Old July 25th 03, 01:14 AM
Elmer E Ing

Default Question for the No coders

How is that some folks can spend hours telling you why something can't be
done and someone else can actually do it in a fraction of time that the
dissenter took to tell you ---- can't can't can't?

Case in point -- using google and groups search --- some of the no-coders
have posted hundreds and I mean hundreds -- nay thousands -- of no code
posts.

I submit you could have learned the code in half the time it took to
complain endlessly about the code.

Get a dose of old fashioned America CAN DO and stop making excuses.

362,073 + USA Amateurs have done it (not including tech pluses - have no
figures on these) .

Take this test
1. CW is antiquated -- Yes __ No___
2. I don't want to learn anything I don't Like -- Yes__ No ___
3. I don't have time -- Yes __ No ___
4. It is too difficult -- Yes__ No __
5. Its all a case of dinosaurs trying to keep us out of Ham Radio Yes___
No ___
6. I'll never use CW -- Yes ___ No ___
7. It is just a dumb tradition -- Yes ___ No ___
8.It is a waste of time -- Yes No ___
9. Write In ______ Yes ___ No ___

Add up all your yes answers -- whether they are true or false -- THEY ARE
ALL COPOUTS
They are excuses that keep you from achieving your goals.
Hope you don't do that with the rest of life's requirements.

The old Elmer

Old July 25th 03, 08:01 AM
Keith

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:47:17 -0400, "Jerry Oxendine"
wrote:

The same thing could be said about Morse. Yes, it is old. But *if* radio
should fail (terrorists, infrastructure, etc) then CW can get thru when
others
fail. I learned it before there was a hint of doing away with code for any
license
class, I still will know it if it goes away, and, yes, I can still ride a
horse. Like CW horses are fun and no reason for me to have to do either at
present. But if
I need to I can.

Just because you did blah blah in 1960 doesn't mean the technology savvy
person of today should be tied down to some silly morse code test. I'm sorry to
inform you that if ham radio doesn't change in the next few years there will be
no one left to use it.
For gods sake are you that arrogant and ignorant of the world around you? I
bet you have a fancy computer. Let me put the morse code requirement in
perspective for you. What if the FCC and a national computer user group
required you to have a license to use a computer and to get a license you had
to pass a keyboard test of 35 WPM? I bet you would be screaming bloody murder
along with computer manufacturers and congress. The morse code test is the same
way.

--
The Radio Page Ham, Police Scanner, Shortwave and more.
http://www.kilowatt-radio.org/
Old July 25th 03, 08:44 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Jerry Oxendine" wrote:

(snip) But *if* radio should fail (terrorists,
infrastructure, etc) then CW can get thru when
others fail. (snip)

That is very easy to claim but the fact that neither the military or
government requires all their operators to learn CW clearly suggests there
is something seriously wrong with that claim.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old July 25th 03, 01:11 PM
Mike Coslo

Elmer E Ing wrote:
Hey thanks -- I'll add those to my tests for copouts

All in good fun

Hey Elmer! That one also doesn't think there are any pretty women on
the ARS, so you can paraphrase that to an excuse!

A really strange excuse, but still an excuse.

BTW, great job on trolling the troll. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old July 25th 03, 02:56 PM
Alun Palmer

snip

Yeah, we heard all the same nonsense 11-12 years ago when the nocode
ticket became available. Can you cite a single example of a nocode who
"pushed the hobby/service forward" since then? Where's the BEEF?! And
while you're at it perhaps you can explain what would change in this
respect by handing nocodes access to the HF bands too?

73 Corry K4DOH

w3rv

None of the QRM/bad behaviour from no-coders ever materialised either, did
it? All the people cited for QRM by the FCC are Extras, like I am.